Adam and Ian\'s bundle of blah

Home Forums DumTeeDum Adam and Ian\'s bundle of blah

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

So Adam is getting in some parenting practice with Horrible Henry. It annoys me that parenting seems to be thought to be about spending a few hours with age-appropriate toys. Far more is about wiping noses and bottoms, supervising tooth brushing and homework, and deciding if the child who’s tummy hurts should be sent to school, see the doctor, or have a searching discussion as to what is making her unhappy. As Purple Pumpkin has said above, this is the sort of stuff that makes for bonding, as well.

Andrew CampAndrew Camp
    Participant

Why does Ian always sound like he’s been holding his breath before every line he speaks?

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Am I going soft, or is it actually quite sweet how Adam is having fun with Henwee, and Ian is seeing what a lovely Dad he’ll be? I prefer that to the unrealistic timeline of surrogacy that is being foisted on us.

Stephanie PowerStephanie Power
    Participant

Just listened to the disaster that was them meeting up with their potential surrogate mother in the middle of a row with roy about adam’s punchup with matt. Such a train wreck! Ian and adam always seem like they are on the verge of breaking up to me. Also the minuscule amount of time he considered Helen as a potential mother of his child was too long for me to consider Ian as a rational man. Always liked Ian before this storyline – it seems the minute that he was told that adam would consider a child, he leapt into obsessive overdrive. I know their age and the whole process takes a long while in real life but he seems to be going too fast and only considering things in terms of getting a child. Also they barely see each other some days as they seem to be on call more than medical professionals. I know busy couples have children every day but when Ian and Adam talk to each other scheduling is usually the topic of conversation if they are not having a row or avoiding each other. There is no real communication about adam’s feelings about the surrogacy as he knows Ian is hinging all his hopes on it and being against it will cause pain so best avoid it. The thing is Ian is so hypersensitive to adam’s misgivings about the baby yet so set in his course to get a baby that Ian is coming across as difficult to talk to and adam seems like he would jump out of a speeding car rather than have another deep conversation with Ian. Which I completely understand! I love Ian but he is so intense and analytical at times!
    With the message they got at the end of the ep from the surrogate, this will pour gas on the fire as Ian will see it as a betrayal of doing everything to ensure the surrogacy goes ahead. However, he wants a child so badly that he will merely be passive aggressive and not want to rock the boat as he knows as a single man he has little hope of getting a child(not an expert but just my thoughts on his thought process. In my opinion, they don’t work as a couple and it will take just one handsome stranger (or Charlie) to bring down the house of cards. Then again, I have no idea how most couples in The archers stand each other (pip and toby/shula and alistair/clarrie and eddie) but this last few weeks, Ian and Adam have highlighted how ill suited they are.
    P.S. Roifield and lucy are completely correct in how strange adam’s actor’s voice and delivery is. It seems to get so unnatural and theatrical to me-rob had a similar voice but it always seemed more natural and less stilted than adam in a scene. He always seems to me about to deliver a eulogy when he is talking about crop yields with Brian. People are always irritated with Pip and how she sounds like a forty year old (which I never understood but then again didn’t listen to the previous voice actress in her role so have nothing to compare it too)but Adam’s voice delivery is so grating to me. Apologies for the rant!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.