Archers Monoply Board

Home Forums DumTeeDum Archers Monoply Board

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Martin LightburnMartin Lightburn
    Participant

Hi Folks.
    I was sat in my ‘office’ earlier (The kind of office with a flush and hand towel!) thinking about Ambridge property prices. I wondered if anyone has ever made up an ‘Archer’s Monopoly Board’? (Apologies if anyone has.)
    Here’s my suggestions. The ‘Stations’ would be working Farms and the Utilities would be the shops..
    BROWN – Cider Club House (avec Chaise Lounge!)
    No.1 The Green (Will Grundy as Landlord!)

STATION #1 – GRANGE FARM 9 (A Barely Working Farm. Come for the SSSI, stay for the ferrets!)

LIGHT BLUE – Rickyard Cottage (Still smells of Toby’s socks)
    The Bungalow (See above re: Toby’s socks)
    Ambridge View (Would have been higher but now smells of Kefir!)

PURPLE – April Cottage (Nice cottage, but the inhabitants are eerily quiet!)
    Woodbine Cottage (In need of extension to store weights and WhatNots)
    Willow Cottage (Nice location on the right wing of the village, in more ways than one.)
    UTILITY #1 – FARM SHOP – (Kefir and Tom Archer’s scotch eggs! Yum!)
    STATION # 2 – BRIDGE FARM (Complete with Pigs, Cows and Housing estate)
    ORANGE – The Vicarage (Very quiet property, Only hear from inhabitants three times a year!)
    Blossom Hill Cottage – ( Lovely property with some nasty stains in kitchen.)
    Honeysuckle Cottage – (Idyllic property, alive to the sound of passive aggression and guilt)
    RED – Lakey Hill – ( A great big hill. Good for effigy burning and alfresco soul searching /sex)
    The Golf Club (Play around with Brian Aldridge. Sorry, that should be play A ROUND with Brian.)
    The Cricket Field (Now with added women!)
    STATION # 3 BROOKFIELD FARM (Complete with IBR. Badgers discouraged and recently empty cake tin!)

YELLOW – Glebe Cottage (Sweet traditional cottage. Value enhanced by Carol Tregorran’s secret Hash plants in back garden.)
    The Stables (Come for the livery, stay for the penance! Bet you can’t find better!)
    The Bull (Scruff Gin, Shires Pints & Artisan Sourdough Ham & Pickle Sandwiches served on slate for £25)
    UTILITY #2 – VILLAGE SHOP (Learn Latin from Jim Lloyd, get an Earful from Lynda, and eyeful from Sabrina and all the gossip from Susan!)
    GREEN – The Lodge (Beautiful garden, evil cat and cast of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!)
    Ambridge Hall (Feng shuied Llama’s and hand-made organic muesli. Lectures on 19th literature and common Tits)
    Dower House (Recently refurbished with walk-in bath and non-slip flooring. Smells of Wintergreen and new puppy.)
    STATION 4: HOME FARM (Complete with rutting old stags, fruity pickers and glamping. Ladies might like to wear trousers and TCP to discourage unwanted attention from owner.)
    DARK BLUE – Grey Gables (Exclusive Hotel with original carpets, plumbing and indifferent staff.)
    Lower Loxley (Stately Home -Complete with Orangery, Tree Walk and Idiot Boy. Owner should avoid Tents/ Music Festivals.)

I think it would make a fun game. (Poor Emma would still not be able to buy a house though I suspect.)
    Would love to hear your suggestions and replacements and reasons.
    Martin x

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

What a great idea!

I had a quick look online to see if there were any Archers board games and I found this:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/The-Archers-BBC-Radio-Board-Game-Paul-Lamond-Games-1998-PLG-8070/1207997894

I wonder if any DumTeeDum-mers have it?!

And then I remembered that my home town (bizzarely) actually had its own special version of Monopoly which went on sale last year:
    http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016-03-15/derby-to-get-its-own-official-monopoly-board/

So if the BBC run with your idea in time for Christmas, make sure you get some credit for suggesting it first … !

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City.
    Participant

Lol. That game looks amazing. Just the thing for a DumTeeDum night out! A game where you have to play as an Archers character and give talks on random farming topics too! I’d love to know if anyone has played it!

Thinking of other Archers game variants now.
    Cluedo? Set at Grey Gables? (It was Joe Grundy in the Bar with the Ferret)
    Archers Scarabble, with lots of extra EIEIO’s and bonus if you can spell the phrase RIGHTUR
    For the hipster crowd Archer’s Settler of Catan, where you have to trade Kefir for Soft Fruits and Scruff Gin
    Archer’s Risk, where competing property developers vie to take control of the green belt land. Play as Justin, Matt or Lillian!
    Archers Operation – Where you have to remove items from Lynda Snell without triggering her allergies.
    Archers Guess Who! Not much fun as everyone is white and wears a flat cap.

There must be some more I haven’t thought of.

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

I love this thread, full on geek Ambridge, I visited the Museum of Rural Life in Reading earlier this year, which is a great museum, they have a couple of Archers references including a display which includes an earlier version of The Archers board game from the 1960’s by Chad Valley which has a lovely colourful box I use as my twitter header picture, here hopefully is the link : http://www.donaygames.com/product_details.php?id=10770

Participant

I love it! That’s a proper bright box isn’t it! I think some kind of Archers DumteeDum games night is called for!
    £70.00 is a bit steep though on that link. 🙂

Nicholas BarnesNicholas Barnes
    Participant

Excellent idea. I’d suggest replacing ‘jail’ with ‘Canada’ and instead of houses/hotels, the player could purchase storylines – houses would become mentions and hotels would be the scene of a murder etc. The plastic house and hotel pieces would become scripts.
    Also, the whole concept of money would have to change – what about replacing money with audience numbers. Then the players could be competing as editors playing for the greatest audience figures…

Participant

Lol, Nicholas that is actually a brilliant idea! And makes for a great chance to play ‘Fantasy Storyline’ combining random storyline elements. – Kirsty and Bert run off together, Susan drowns in vat of Scruff Gin Kefir! Nigel comes back as a zombie!
    Love it!

Stewart ArrandaleStewart Arrandale
    Participant

I actually created a box for Ambridge Monopoly in 2015 (I think it was when Peggy was leaving the Lodge to Helen and Rob) and started work on a board. Not sure how to post the image here. Monopoly board

Scott MatthewmanScott Matthewman
    Participant

Surely we could replace the money with TEAs? Or does nobody else remember Pat’s little hobby horse of an alternative currency?

Participant

Lol, That’s awesome Stewart. I knew I couldn’t have had an original idea. Seems a licensing opportunity the BBC are missing!

I must admit Scott, Can’t recall that one, Pat’s had so many hobby horses over the year. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.