Character Names

Home Forums DumTeeDum Character Names

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cameron chalmerscameron chalmers
    Participant

I understand that writers have to inform listeners but isn’t it irritating when Pat refers to Helen’s Dad as Tony “Helen. Is Tony in the poly tunnels polishing his dibber?”

This has become increasingly odd when Pat, Tony et al refer to Rob as Rob. Like many listeners, our family has had to deal with a “Rob” and we now refer to my wifes ex husband as “The Wanker”. Perhaps Helen will learn to do this as a coping mechanism, as she becomes more able to deal with his behaviour.

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

I agree that calling Tichynob by what is essentially a nick name is weird. I am a Robyne. I do not like being called Rob although family members and others who have known me for over 30 years can do so without retribution. It is a very familiar nick name.

I have a Rob like character in my past and when I refer to him I call him by first and last name with his middle initial explained as “P for prick”. Interestingly, he is also a Robert generally known as Rob.

Magic_at_mungosMagic_at_mungos
    Participant

Yes, we refer to an someone who married in as Sid Flith because our bit of the family thought he was such a wanker.

But it’s all a bit close at the moment for the Archers. They were sucked in as much as Helen. Although i suspect Kirsty has some choice names for him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.