Friendship

Home Forums DumTeeDum Friendship

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I find if odd that Pip does not seem to have any non-family friends in whom she can confide regarding her personal life- Helen has Kirsty, Ruth has Usha and Pip has Tor? She clearly isn’t comfortable confiding in Lily. I think it is a bit sad.

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

Yes Pip is a sad case. She used to have Izzy but she never talks about her any more. Who is Tor? We never heard of this person before and she was prepared to go and live with her! Pip doesn’t seem to have a personal life apart from Toby and that’s finished. She doesn’t seem to go to Young Farmers any more. She doesn’t play cricket. Work is at home and there is nought else.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

One of the problems of editors going for drama and not character driven plots is friendships disappear. I made the point some time ago that Pip hardly interacts with anyone in the rest of the village, she should join the cricket team at least. Corrie has suffered in the same way – but the new powers that be seem to be trying hard to reverse some of it. Shula, Caroline and at one point a young Clarrie were three girls out together and Pip should perhaps get together with Anisha and bring back Amy and they can trash the Borchester and Felpersham night clubs together.

Agreed! It would be nice to hear Anisha and Pip strike up a friendship- especially considering their connection through the Fairbrothers- a raucous night out on the town would be a welcome change to some of the more mundane story lines of late.

kiwi_listenererkiwi_listenerer
    Participant

Last time there was a night on the town, Fallon got arrested. Look how that ended up!

Maybe Lily and Phoebe can get up to some high-jinks in the summer hols. Ginger Beer all round.

Did I hear that right? Pip went out with Ashley and Lottie? I don’t recall hearing about them before. Glad to hear that she does have some friends and is finding time to spend with them. I do find it a bit odd that Ruth and David seem bothered by her independance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.