FT podcast – financial advice for the Archers

Home Forums DumTeeDum FT podcast – financial advice for the Archers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Helen SharpHelen Sharp
    Participant
    Helen SharpHelen Sharp
    Participant
    Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

The FT article was excellent.

It’s as I suspected: introducing any actual truth or reality into a lot of these storylines with a financial thread would completely undermine them.

You couldn’t have the characters dealing with their finances in an organised, properly structured and ordered way and still have drama.

All the same, I reckon they should just audition Kosmo and let him move into Ambridge … !

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Move to Ambdridge – the wife would kill me – she does not like the countryside. She wants a penthouse in London. I understand 100% accuracy cannot work but there has twice been nonsense over the amount that can go into pensions (Bridge Farm for Tony and Pat; Brookfield for Ruth) that is simply wrong. Even a cursory check would stop that sort of nonsense. Indeed the disappearing inheritance from Heatherpet was really badly handled – serious money and Ruth would have put a lot of it into the farm, probably for the mechanised milking system. And that sort of disconnect undermines the reality experienced elsewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.