Hate crimes at Home Farm

Home Forums DumTeeDum Hate crimes at Home Farm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

A few post ago, after the incident at the Home Farm pickers barbecue, when the Borchester branch of Britain First, committed arson, used threatening behaviour and made bigoted comments, I questioned whether Adam should have reported this incident to the police, at the very least in case of further incidents. Now there has been the racist graffiti on the Pickers caravans reported to Adam by Roy who has finally got the police involved.

Should Adam have got the police involved sooner?

To what extent should Lexi’s wishes not to get the police involved be respected?

Are Home Farm and the wider community doing enough to protect the pickers from hate crimes?

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

I think Roy is right. The crime isn’t just about Lexi, it is against home farm and potentially all the pickers so it really isn’t up to her to say not to call in the police. Having said that I think Roy called in the police because of her.

I wonder why she was so upset about the police being called- does she have something to hide?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I wonder if there are very different national attitudes to the police. Does Lexi come from one of the formerly communist countries where it was best not to come to the attention of the police/secret service? Roifield would know.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

It just feels like a clumsy plot device to bring Roy and Lexi together.

We’ve had hints of story lines about rural crime before and long time listeners know about “Roy of the Racists” (as Lucy puts it!).

It makes no sense that Lexi is angry with Roy because he’s angry about racism – bizarrely, she’s more angry with him than with the bigots who wrote the graffiti – unless somehow this “tension” is used to turn them into a couple.

Marie Eaton SmithMarie Eaton Smith
    Participant

This brings back bad memories for Roy.

Sally NeweyPinkelliefont
    Participant

I think its a plot device to serve 2 things a, Roy getting a love interest and b, Brexit and the affects of it in rural communities. Both are a bit ham fisted, the Brexit one is less good because they are behind the curve on this kind of plot line, an outcome of recording too far in advance in my opinion.
    Still I like Lexie and I think Adam should have called the police from the begining and since it was tresspass on his land it is his call.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

We will see what the script writers had in mind now that it all kicked off at the fate. And how does Ambridge show solidarity? Feed. All turn out for a barbeque. With lemon drizzle cake and strawberrys and cream on the menu?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by marie ingerfatffriend. Reason: noticed mispelling just too late
    Marie Eaton SmithMarie Eaton Smith
    Participant

Yes, the fete fight episode was good, and my favourite knight in shining armour to the rescue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.