Hi

Home Forums Off Topic Hi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Dusty Substances calls herself ‘the wrong sort of listener’ – I don’t know why. I am a wrong-un too but I hope you will still let me play. It has taken me some time to realise that most, maybe all, dumteedummers are Brits living all over the world. I am an American who had lived in the UK all my adult life. You might think I belong with Roifield’s Mid Atlantic podcast and tho’ I know little of politics I have subscribed to that too.

And I am inept at all things computerish. I panic whenever something unexpected happens, especially when something I am reading disappears or jumps around and that happens all the time. I even had trouble finding this website. The Ambridge Observer helpfully posted links to the academic archers conference, and there was something about the way they spoke of DTD that made me want to find you lot. I ‘binged’ dumdeedum-nothing, dumdedum-nothing, dumDdum – still nothing I tried hyphens, spaces, caps in all combinations before it occurred to me to add the words archers and podcast. I still hear a d where you are singing a t.
    I think the first character I remember is when Neil Carter came to Brookfield as a teenager and was ever so good friends with Shula.

Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

Welcome Fatffriend! We are a friendly bunch at DumTeeDum and I’m delighted to be connected now to a global community of amazing and varied people. I’m Claire from Clapham in the callerinerers. Look forward to your first call soon.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Welcome aboard! I too had problems finding dumteedum, not least because of a rapper with a similar name.

I may be wrong but I think Dusty calls herself the wrong sort of listener because the previous editor (or Radio 4 controller) was bemoaning all the white middle-aged listeners and seeking more diversity. So, as a white middle aged etc, Dusty is “the wrong sort of listener” – although obviously exactly the right sort for humorous caller-ins to dumteedum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I do admire people who can think and speak at the same time but I trip over my tongue when ever I (rarely) leave an ordinary ansaphone message so I won’t be inflicting myself on the podcast anytime soon. Forums are more my speed ‘tho by the time I have composed a post the discussion has moved on and the moment I press ‘submit’ i spot a mistake.

When I subscribed to the podcast it started with ep 109 and I have enjoyed listening to the plot predictions from the vantage of the ‘future’. I decided to donate when I caught up and that worked first try. I was pleased they took paypal as I was reluctant to put my credit card info on a site that had been hacked by the Russians. It wasn’t $2 per episode but I hope it expresses my appreciation. Then I had trouble registering and then signing in. I found that if I told them I am not a robot 4 or 5 times, eventually the website believed me. My first forum post never appeared, perhaps because it needed to be moderated before I could be trusted. Or I just did something wrong again.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I do admire people who can think and speak at the same time but I trip over my tongue when ever I (rarely) leave an ordinary ansaphone message so I won’t be inflicting myself on the podcast anytime soon. Forums are more my speed ‘tho by the time I have composed a post the discussion has moved on and the moment I press ‘submit’ i spot a mistake.

When I subscribed to the podcast it started with ep 109 and I have enjoyed listening to the plot predictions from the vantage of the ‘future’. I decided to donate when I caught up and that worked first try. I was pleased they took paypal as I was reluctant to put my credit card info on a site that had been hacked by the Russians. It wasn’t $2 per episode but I hope it expresses my appreciation. Then I had trouble registering and then signing in. I found that if I told them I am not a robot 4 or 5 times, eventually the website believed me. My first forum post never appeared, perhaps because it needed to be moderated before I could be trusted. Or I just did something wrong again.

I doubt you’ve done anything wrong with the technology. I still can’t pin myself on the traktr map, whatever device I try to use. I’m also not a callerinerer, because I prefer to separate the professional/public me from the archers-loving one (I wonder if Witherspoon would be so public if practicing in the UK?). I was slightly surprised to discover Lucy and Roifield reading out the names of those who donate as there is no option to donate anonymously, so I’m just hoping the trolls don’t track me down on this site!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.