Home Farm Nonsense

Home Forums DumTeeDum Home Farm Nonsense

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KosmoKosmo
    Participant

On 15 August 2011, according to Lowfield, Chris had sought a £40k loan to buy the smithing business and renting the premises from the previous smith. However the bank needed Alice’s house as security.

So Alice and Kate already own their cottages and Brian cannot roll them back into Home Farm ownership.

The editor should be sacked for being unable to remember old stories.

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

As always Kosmo your attention to detail to amazing, bravo Sir!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Is entirely possible, given what a farrier can earn theses days that the loan has been paid off in the intervening years.

I know farrier’s earning £3.5k a week. Before overheads but even so.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Oh I agree the loan may well be repaid. However changing ownership on a property has costs and I cannot see why either Alice or Kate should give up existing assets. I think that their cottages should count as a share and so justifies them having the lesser share now.

Of course it is obvious that the management have forgotten the cottages.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Yes agreed. It’s all been forgotten about. Will ask Uncle God Kerri when I see him at the end of the month.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

You will be told that the there is no evidence that the cottages were transferred to the girls (at least not that I can find in Lowfield) but the loan would not have been possible if they had not been transferred. He will then say the loan was a mistake and they are going by what is right.

I am not so sure – the archivist was still there when the loan was made.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.