Is it all Josh's fault?

Home Forums DumTeeDum Is it all Josh's fault?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I find myself wondering whether his farm-machinery business has involved visiting a farm with disease and bringing back either machinery or just boot-mud? I’m afraid I would love him to get his come-uppance, in his role as the new version of old Tom, thoughtless entrepreneur.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

Hmmm, I thought it was Pip’s fault (!) because she hadn’t repaired the hole in the fence and the cows got out last week. Pip has also been acting selfishly of late.

Participant

Oh, good point – Pip, Toby and the fence. I did wonder what the point of that storyline was, and you’re probably right. But wasn’t the fence Josh’s issue originally, and somehow the job of repairing it fell to Pip? I forget. Hopefully the two of them get a right bullocking about it (ho ho)

WitherspoonWitherspoon

Exactly!

Anthony OgdenAnthony Ogden
    Participant

I’d almost forgotten Josh had failed to repair the fence and the task had defaulted to Pip.
    However, he wasn’t the one that kept the wandering cattle a secret. Josh seems pretty much teflon coated at present.

Zoe BojelianYorkshireLass
    Participant

Think they will probably both be implicated – Josh for bringing the bug in from his visits to others farms & his part in not mending the gate. Pip for keeping quiet about the escape — which may have led to other farms being infected.

Blithe SpiritBlithe Spirit
    Participant

Utterly astonished that Pip hasn’t mentioned that her cows got out. As a farmer she has a moral (and possibly an actual biosecurity) duty to report this kind of thing not only to her parents, but to neighbouring farmers who might be affected by it.

And Josh should clean his blasted wellies!

At the moment, Pip is annoying me bigtime. She used to be a sensible person in business and a spoilt brat in love. Now she’s an egregious brat in both. The fact that she hasn’t told anyone where the profits from the previous herd have gone, except for Ruth – and the fact that Ruth hasn’t shared that information with David either – is just not on. I’m seriously disliking Ruth as well. She rarely – if ever – shows any degree of loyalty to her husband. Dreadful woman.

If Jill knew, of course she wouldn’t give Pip a loan. And if Jill does find out, she should tell Pip where to shove her begging bowl (preferably up Tobeee’s fundament).

Participant

Spot on, Blithe Spirit.

Is it just me, or does it feel as though the SWs are having to make every character into an idiot just to carry stories along? So, they all keep secrets (Ruth, Pip, Lilian), laugh at each others’ misfortunes (Eddie, Alice) and just behave badly (PC Carpet, Peggy) – and all rather out of character.

Blithe SpiritBlithe Spirit
    Participant

Good call, Purple Pumpkin. They’ve made Chris into a bit of a bumpkin too – it’s a shame, because previously he and Alice were actually some of the most mature and sensible people in Ambridge!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.