Is Will the new Sid

Home Forums DumTeeDum Is Will the new Sid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

You know, he pops up at the cricket, has generally offensive views (in Sid’s case anti gay; in Will’s case anti women), has a fine woman that no-one can understand how she puts up with him… I think it’s a reincarnation.

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Good spot, probably even less likeable as we used to experience Sid in the Pub interacting with most of the village, whereas the opportunities to show Will outside of the family and cricket tend to be restricted to his tugging his forelock to Brian and his cronies.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Will is odious. Even the description of his character on “The Archers” website struggles to say anything nice about him.

Andrew HornAndrew Horn

Agree with you all, there are few opportunities where Will could show a decent side, but I don’t think he has anything decent to show, at least not in recent years. Growing up he was the solid dependable one, a Grundy with a proper work ethic. He knuckled down under Tom’s influence and didn’t look for short cuts. But its all gone “nipples aloft” (copyright Keri Davies) in the last 10 years or so.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I think Will was rather more influenced by George but do feel he is simply used as “grit” in the engine and we do not see a balanced picture of the man. Indeed we have lost the gamekeeper stories and poachers and so on almost completely. Historically with Uncle Tom and George they were always a significant part of the countryside setup and it is a pity that this cannot be used to make Will at least appear to be partly human and not entirely a dalek from another century.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.