Lillian's Age

Home Forums DumTeeDum Lillian's Age

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fiona Siobhan PowellFiona Powell
    Participant

Here is a storyline that I just cannot wrap my brain around. I understand why Lillian is anxious about her age; believe me!! I’ve just celebrated my 62nd birthday, and it does sting a bit! I’m sure that in 20 years, I’ll be boasting about my great age….but the 60’s do bite! I understand why she’d want to keep her age a secret from the village…although I’ve lived in small villages; and in my experience everybody knows everything, including the last time you cut your toenails; so that’s a useless exercise Lillian…..but keeping her age a secret from Justin??? That’s stupid! Presumably she intends to marry the man (hence engagement); and it’s impossible to keep your age secret from your partner…it’ll be all over every document she owns from passport …to Marriage Certificate. Stupid storyline. Why not be bold and claim your age proudly Lillian??

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

I think it’s an indication that she doesn’t feel she can truly be herself with Justin, revealing her feelings of insecurity along with the fact she has shown doubts about committing to him and is also not the only secret she is keeping from him. When this is contrasted against the chemistry she still has with Matt and the fact he and Justin now have beef it is going to get interesting. Unlike the relationships of the younger people in the village which are all pretty meh.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

And yet he clearly knows her age! And Justin sounds older than she is – despite still working and so on – which would imply he is perhaps 15 years younger. All very strange. If we wanted to know then asking Jolene would be the simple option. Or even Jenny.

Maureen FreiburgerMaureen Freiburger
    Participant

Lilian is vain and silly. But she does like her glamour and fancy things and men treating her. I just wish she would be more her own person. She is a capable business woman.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.