Monochrome character pallette

Home Forums DumTeeDum Monochrome character pallette

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I’ve been finding The Archers a little dull recently, and I think it’s because we have so few types of character currently. Am I off base, or do others agree? As fas I can tell

– as partners in life, men are either an unreliable jack-the-lad (Toby, Matt, Kenton, Eddie, formerly Brine, Ed Grundy, Adam) or steady eddie and rather dull (David, Rex, Tony, Will, Harrasment Burns, Ian).

– as business people you can only be either a feckless fool (Ed, Eddie, Kenton, Rex, now Pip) or a thrusting entrepreneur (Brian, Tom, Josh, Fallon).

– all elderly folk are in fine fettle and manage to live independently and have no ongoing health issues

It just seems that having lost the Tuckers, Charlie and even evil Rob, there is very little character diversity. Combine that with no strong plot lines and it all gets a bit grey for my taste.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I tend to agree – which is going to make this a boring discussion! Tom is I think lost in grief but does not realise it. Roy’s search for a mate has been lost or forgotten and I would have thought the two ought to be out on the Town (with or without Jazzer).

Across the village there is little use of people bumping into each other in the shops or the Bull. Less stories and more interaction between people on neutral territory. For a while Jim and Christine were regularly doing crosswords, Christine moves and now never bothers to see Jim?

And I remember that the pensioners used to have an annual day out; enough pensioners now to fill two coaches but do they ever have an outing? It is that aspect of village life which has been lost. And yet a month or two ago suddenly it had a historical society meeting and yet I am not sure it has met before or since.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.