Podcast summary

Home Forums DumTeeDum Podcast summary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Thought I would repost this here in case anyone wants to comment:

Lucy is picking up high level BBC intelligence from secret drops in Epping Forest whilst she is recording Walky Talky. These drops includes this week’s DumTeeDum from Doha. Lucy then gets the order of the podcast wrong (twice) this week and Roifield leaves her apparent confusion in the final version.

20 year listener comedian Chris Neill then keeps Lucy in painful stitches (she had just been to pilates) for some 20 minutes as they discuss the ins and outs of our favourite programme. Chris first remembers listening to the death of John Archer. If he joined the cast Chris would like to live with the Grundys at Grange Farm and have a go on Tom should the opportunity arise. For the record Sean’s partner at the Cat and Fiddle was called Peter.

Lucy then did the Bartleby not Joe joke! She then explains the Archer family tree to Chris as they are all related really, but they get sidelined over Peggy. I think I should confirm that Jack and Phil Archer were brothers, which is how they are all related. Anthea went about the same time as Matt as she had had enough, so Amside must be in a mess.

The calls split into two camps this week, so lots of Pip/Toby (saying told you so mainly) followed by a slice of calls about thin Bill. Then there is a discussion on Leaving the EU – why I know not as it will happen – so the discussion should focus on achieving the best future result and not replaying the same arguments. Millie Belle does a great social media update. Paul Roome pops in with “Right You Are”.

Lucy then has some more chat with our guest and ends the podcast going off to do some drugs.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

The burning question for me is why does Roifield sound so surprised every week that THIS WEEK he enjoyed Lucy’s summery?

Andrew HornAndrew Horn

It’s part of the show….like “good night from me” and “good night from him” in the two Ronnies. Whereas the positive intro for Roifield and self deprecating intro for Lucy was always scripted, Roif’s response to the monologue gradually became a “thing”.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I think that having hilarious outtakes after the show should become a ‘thing’ too – and for my money Chris Neall can do every week. I laughed out loud on a crowded tube train.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.