Radio 4

Home Forums Off Topic Radio 4

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

We all love it, share you love for the best of its programmes and personalities here.

Chris LowisChris Lowis
    Participant

I learnt today that the BBC Trust is holding a public consultation on the future of the organisation in advance of charter renewal. This is a chance for viewers/listeners to have a say on the future direction of the Beeb, including TV, radio and online services. If anyone wants to take part, the link is here: https://consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/tomorrows-bbc

John Humphrys. He’s so sharp, intelligent, fair and insightful and has a gorgeous voice that I could listen to forever. I hope he never retires.

And the much missed John Peel, for similar reasons, except sadly he didn’t go on forever. As a teenager I used to listen to his late night Radio 1 show on a tiny, tinny transistor radio stuffed under my pillow so that nobody else could hear it. As an adult, Home Truths on a Saturday morning used to start my weekend.

Sue GedgeKatieKing
    Participant

I have fond memories of ‘Waggoners Walk’.

Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cv8h2
    This is the link to the Omnibus of an amusing black comedy on Radio 4 this last week….recommended if you have 70minutes to spare……

Becky BlackBecky Black
    Participant

The News Quiz is a must listen for me. It’s sad that wee Sandy Toksvig has left, but the show is bigger than any presenter. As long as Susan Calman is on it frequently I’ll be happy.

As a 6am riser every day I always catch Ramblings on Saturday morning, generally while soaking in the bath.

I’ve got a soft spot for Mark Steel’s In Town. That’s hilarious.

And it’s over now, but the best comedy to come out of Radio 4 in the last few years – Cabin Pressure.

ETA: Ooh, and David Sedaris! I love those.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Becky BlackBecky Black.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Becky BlackBecky Black.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.