September 2017 Stats

Home Forums DumTeeDum September 2017 Stats

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike HattonMike Hatton
    Participant

A tie at the top of the table last month, with Ian Craig and Adam Macy notching up fourteen episodes each during September. Nice to have a couple of new names up there, particularly Ian, who had been extremely quiet recently.

Adam had the most consecutive episodes (5). In fact, he had six, but the first of those was in the last episode of August.

I umm-ed and err-ed for a few moments as to whether to include baby Jack Archer’s appearance on Tuesday 26th September. Did he speak? Did he just babble? I decided that when he utters an intelligible word then he’ll be included in the stats. (Does that criterion exclude anyone else from the stats?!) Also, a credit in the cast list on The Archers website will signal his arrival as a speaking character and his inclusion in the stats.

I’m sure we will see Lexi return … after all, she was given a surname by the scriptwriters.

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

You do the Lord’s word sir!

Chris LeckieChris Leckie
    Participant

Sorry to gatecrash the “September stats” thread but I’m far too stupid to work out how to instigate a new one!
    Anyhoooo…can someone tell me how long it is since the mythical beast they call Cathy actually appeared in the show? I’ve been on board for a few years and I’m pretty sure the Grey Gables Minotaur has never manifested herself as anything other than a slamming door, unfeasible excuse, dropped piece of crockery or lingering fart during the whole time I’ve been listening.
    Can someone also tell me if Philip is a new character please, or if he was in the show before my involvement? He seemed to rock up to do a bit of plastering and within minutes Shula was thrashing herself with guilt because she omitted to invite him to the Hunt Ball, seemingly the most exclusive event in the Ambridge character. He uttered the frankly bizarre phrase in response “It doesn’t do to be too sensitive in my line of work – I’m a builder, not a milliner.” Eh, what?

Mike HattonMike Hatton
    Participant

This is what the character page on The Archers website says about Kathy Perks.

A deceptively strong woman by nature, ex-teacher Kathy has had to call on all her reserves of fortitude as life has dealt her some harsh blows. Her marriage to Sid disintegrated following first her affair with policeman Dave Barry and then Sid’s with Jolene Archer (then Rogers). No sooner had she picked herself up from that shock than she was left reeling by a cruel rape attack at the hands of a former colleague. She slowly recovered and found solace in her son Jamie and her relationship with Kenton Archer. But her unexpected grief at Sid’s death, at a time when Kenton was overwhelmed with the conversion of Jaxx bar, put an end to their partnership. Ironically, Kenton soon ended up with Jolene, as Sid had. Kathy did her best not to take it personally. But her faith in herself was hit again in 2013, when new broom Martyn Gibson found continual fault with her work at the golf club, forcing her to resign.

She then got the manager’s job at Grey Gables and was never heard again.

I was surprised that it was 2013; it seems much further back than that since she was last heard.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Sorry to gatecrash the “September stats” thread but I’m far too stupid to work out how to instigate a new one!
    Anyhoooo…can someone tell me how long it is since the mythical beast they call Cathy actually appeared in the show? I’ve been on board for a few years and I’m pretty sure the Grey Gables Minotaur has never manifested herself as anything other than a slamming door, unfeasible excuse, dropped piece of crockery or lingering fart during the whole time I’ve been listening.
    Can someone also tell me if Philip is a new character please, or if he was in the show before my involvement? He seemed to rock up to do a bit of plastering and within minutes Shula was thrashing herself with guilt because she omitted to invite him to the Hunt Ball, seemingly the most exclusive event in the Ambridge character. He uttered the frankly bizarre phrase in response “It doesn’t do to be too sensitive in my line of work – I’m a builder, not a milliner.” Eh, what?

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I too thought the milliner comment very odd, and wondered if he is somehow a flamboyantly gay builder – as in, I might act like a milliner but I’m not one. Or was he being very slightly homophobic with the same stereotype of milliners. Colour me confused by the comment, anyway.

But yes, Phillip has been around before, I think mending something to do with the hunt, and something for Lillian?

kiwi_listenererkiwi_listenerer
    Participant

Kathy – 2 appearances in 2015, according to the stats.

Wasn’t Phillip’s comment in relation to someones hat?

New post – scroll to the bottom of the list of topics in the forum to start a new thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.