Should Adam have reported the incident to the police.

Home Forums DumTeeDum Should Adam have reported the incident to the police.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

A group turn up pretty much uninvited to Adams party, they commit arson, cause distress to the other guest with threatening behaviour, say bigoted things to his staff and he doesn’t even report it to the police deciding for himself that there was no significant damage. I feel this is a mistake and he should at least get an incident number in case there is any follow up. What do other dumteedumers think?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Don’t know, Janispope. But if you are UK based you may enjoy ‘It’s a fair cop’ currently on BBC Radio4 on Wed mornings at 11:30 but probably podcastable. ‘Tales from the police frontline, featuring copper turned comedian Alfie Moore. Each edition uses a scenario from a real-life case with the audience members asked how they would have acted in such circumstances.’ I laugh!!!

WitherspoonWitherspoon

My interpretation was that the pickers convinced Adam not to call the police because they feared an anti-immigrant response: they would get blamed for the fight, possibly leading to the loss of their jobs and expulsion from the country.

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Witherspoon, that makes me really sad, I like to hope our country doesn’t give EU workers the feeling that the state will persecute rather than protect them, but then I live in Oxford which is a v multi cultural pro EU city, so maybe the show is portraying how it feels for seasonal migrant workers in the countryside. I was pleased that they seem to be writing more of the lives of the pickers into the show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.