Speakpipe problems?

Home Forums Off Topic Speakpipe problems?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Blithe SpiritBlithe Spirit
    Participant

Just wondering – are there problems with Speakpipe and Chrome? I tried to call in today from my android tablet on Chrome and it wasn’t registering any sound – said it was too quiet? My tablet sound recorder is working fine, though. Also, Speakpipe doesn’t seem to be accepting the on-board sound recorder in a different browser (which records .gpp files), which it did perfectly well prevously.

I also tried from my desktop last week with a proper microphone and that wasn’t working either.

Not sure what’s going on – should I be using a different browser or sound recorder, or is Speakpipe arguing with Chrome?

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

Sorry I didn’t see this message yesterday. As far as I can see there are no problems with Speakpipe as others did call in. Please try again today to see if the problem continues and let me know how you get on.

Participant

Sorry for extremely long delay in replying – I’ve been offline for a bit. I did a bit of research and apparently Speakpipe migrated to html5 last month – which explains why, when you try to launch it from Chrome, it requests permission to use your mic rather than actually using your tablet’s onboard sound recorder. This is when the problems started.

Eitherway, unfortunately it isn’t working – it isn’t registering any sound, and there’s no playback in Chrome. I’ve tried Firefox on Android as well – there is some sound, but it keeps cutting out. Meanwhile, my onboard sound recorder is still working fine.

No idea what to do about this – I heard Paul Roome’s call in a few weeks ago, he said he’d had to try three mics until he could record as well, so it seems I’m not the only person dealing with this issue.

Until I get a mic for my desktop I won’t be able to call in – at this point, it’s likely to be some time.

Keymaster

You are not the only one having this issue, I’ve sent a message to Speakpipe and I’m waiting for a response, in the meantime you could try the normal phone number 0203 031 3105 as we dont want to miss your calls.

Participant

Hi again,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I’m getting a ‘microphone access error’ message when I try to use Speakpipe from my desktop PC? My mic is definitely working and connected up ok – it’s even working on the actual Speakpipe website using the same platform (flash or HTML5, whatever they’re using these days). Eitherway, I don’t know what’s happening ๐Ÿ™‚

Any ideas?

Keymaster

Hello again, I suggest you contact Speakpipe directly here https://www.speakpipe.com/contact to send a message to Vladimir.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.