The Adam, Ian, Charlie love triangle

Home Forums DumTeeDum The Adam, Ian, Charlie love triangle

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Becky BlackBecky Black
    Participant

So, is this storyline going to go somewhere? Is it going to step up a level and become a major storyline?

Charlie’s been “leaving in a few days” for what feels like a month now. It’s starting to feel like the “David and Ruth are totally going to Prudhoe, absolutely, definitely, postively, 100% selling up and leaving any day now…” storyline. And we know how that ended.

Will Charlie stay? Where might he work if he does? People do seem to luck into jobs in Ambridge if it suits the scriptwriters. I’m wondering if Brian is going to suggest recruiting him, and Adam won’t be able to properly explain why it might not be a good idea for him and Charlie to work together.

And Ambridge won’t let him go easily. He nearly died for the village during the flood. He belongs to Ambridge now. The river spirit of the Am has put its mark on him. ๐Ÿ˜€

Also, we need people who are enemies of Rob to stay in the village. Can’t lose any of those. They are too thin on the ground already.

If he does stay then there will be trouble for sure. Adam’s not going to be able to resist seeing him. Although Adam went ahead and married Ian, I don’t think it’s because he loves Ian in the same way as he did before. He said it himself. He’s a coward. He didn’t have the nerve to face the consequences of calling off the wedding.

Ian’s probably banking on Charlie leaving and hoping Adam will then get over him and settle down again. He could have called off the wedding too, after Rob’s spiteful revelations, but he went ahead. Maybe he thought, Adam may have had a fling with Pavel and something with Charlie, but Ian’s the one he’s still with and is about to marry. But if Charlie stays and he thinks Adam is seeing him, well that’s not going to be something he can just ignore.

If Charlie does leave I can’t see Adam deciding to go running off after him, but who can say? Love makes people do crazy things. I don’t think it would be straight away, but as months pass and he broods on it for a good long time, it could happen.

So what do you think? Will Charlie stay? If he does, will he and Adam start an affair?

Maureen FreiburgerMaureen Freiburger
    Participant

I think it would be interesting if Charlie stays. But what would he do? Brian seems keen on him so he might want to find a place for him in the added work that Brian says will come their way when Justin doles things out. Adam’s calmness may be affected greatly be Charlie staying. Would have to feel bad for Ian. Just have to see what the writers have in store.

LandlessGentryLandlessGentry
    Participant

I really don’t like the love triangle story line. None of it entirely rings true for me, especially not Ian’s cut-off of Helen. I know that ties into the Helen’n’Rob saga to further isolate her, but I hope it doesn’t mean we hear less of Ian as a result. I sort of feel sorry for Charlie, but he really should have got the message by now. It doesn’t help that he’s a one dimensional character and doesn’t have many non-Adam links into Ambridge so there’s no one to tell him to pull himself together.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.