What Ambridge related thing is coming to Women's Hour soon?

Home Forums DumTeeDum What Ambridge related thing is coming to Women's Hour soon?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Jane Garvey tweeted that something Ambridge related is coming to Woman’s Hour soon and that it is confidential, presumably its normal Woman’s Hour not late night, any dumteedummers want to hazard a guess as to what it will be…

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

My best guess is Hooty comes to bake hash brownies using the infamous Women’s Hour cooker.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Is the actress who plays Peggy finally going to retire, with a retirement interview on WH? I did wonder if Christine deciding to sell her cottage would relate to something happening to the set-up between Christine and Peggy.

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Purple Pumpkin, a feature on Older women’s housing would be a v Woman’s Hour thing! Seems it is Hooty Jill after all, I am so cross with her character at the moment I will have to detach myself from those feelings to celebrate and examine her 60 years anniversary that they are featuring, should be good.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Hooty-Nanny Jill – or at least, Patricia Greene is a Derby girl – like me.

This is her month! Apart from the excitement of being on Woman’s Hour all week next week she got an honorary degree from the University of Derby last week.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/longest-serving-soap-actress-patricia-218211

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

She was great today on Women’s Hour, really good discussion.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

So Hooty is short for Hooty-Nanny, thanks Miss Mid-City, I have wondered about that. And PC Harrison Burns is both Harrisment and Carpet. (It took me far too long to get the second one.) I could really do with a list of Ambridge residents with Lucy’s witty nicknames. I wish I could remember the great one she had for baby Jack.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I was glad to hear that Paddy Greene was able to tell the script writers: Jill wouldn’t do/say that. I really know her better than you do. I wonder if any of the other actors can do this.

kiwi_listenererkiwi_listenerer
    Participant

@fattfriend – GiddyJack, if I recall.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.