100th Episode of DTD

Home Forums DumTeeDum 100th Episode of DTD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sean GeraghtySean Geraghty
    Participant

How would everyone like to celebrate the 100th episode of our favourite podcast?

What would you like included?

Personally i would like a special guest, hopefully someone from the Archers itself, my own preference would be Carole Boyd (Lynda Snell) and have Andrew Horn join Roifield and Lucy in presenting the episode.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Dear god. A 100?!!! Well who’d thunk it!

Yes an archers guest would be great but can’t see Sean o’fuckwit letting anyone come on the podcast.

Perhaps Stephen fry or Kirstie allsop? Both great fans

Scruff? Might be a bit difficult ‘how does it feel to be back from the dead?’ Woof!

???

I’d love to hear Charles Collingwood (Brian) or Andrew Wincott (Adam) because they both have the most gorgeous voices that I could listen to forever. But as Aunty Jean says, any chances are probably SO’C’d up. Steve Lamacq from Radio 6? He’s a fan, he had a few of the cast on roundtable earlier this year.

Lovely to see our favourite podcast doing so well and growing from week to week. It’s a very special thing to be part of. Well, to be 100% accurate, in my case it’s a very special thing to lurk around without actually callerinering, but you know what I mean.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

As much as we love The Archers, I think the Dum Tee Dum community itself should be the focus of the 100th podcast episode.

How about having another meet up (maybe inviting a cast member or celebrity fan or two along, too), holding a discussion and recording it?

Or have a gathering to listen and heckle along to the omnibus edition that’s broadcast nearest the 100th podcast – and recording the debate that’s bound to follow?

Aunty Jean’s onto something: I like the idea of Scruff coming back from the dead to be part of it all.

Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

Just don’t throw anyone off a roof.

Andrew HornAndrew Horn

Thanks Sean – not sure the dynamics of a 3 way would work, unless we were all round a table together. As it happens Roif is allowing me out of Derek’s wardrobe next week to play with Lucy.

I agree with others that it should be our own community for the 100th. Some sort of group debate or live commentary would be fun, though trying to make good listening out of it would require it to be recorded in one place not a Skype free for all.

When we are looking for famous archers fans to take part Kirsty Young declared herself an addict on DID with Paddy the other week (well worth catching if you haven’t heard it already). Bet she would be a laugh.

Chris LowisChris Lowis
    Participant

All-nude “Calendar Girls” episode. That is all.

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Does that mean presenters in the nude or listeners? Or both?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.