Alice the middle class drinker

Home Forums DumTeeDum Alice the middle class drinker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lady BarbarellaLady Barbarella
    Participant

It does feel a bit like we’re heading towards a drinking problem with Alice. Many listeners (muggins included) wrote the tree incident off as a one-off, out-of-character event borne (possibly) out of having to be the good one vs sister Kate. However, the driving incident rang some alarm bells, and luckily Nick got involved. Now Nick gets a hiding from Kenton because Alice “…was just a bit loud” (he missed out “bloody rude” which would get you kicked out of my local). Is Alice just enjoying a tipple or is there something more here which will go unnoticed for that little bit longer because of her class?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Are we quite sure she didn’t splat Matt?

Lady BarbarellaLady Barbarella
    Participant

Ooh, there’s a point.

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

There have been a number of other incidents concerning Alice and her drinking and having a hangover. And the other day Nic (I think) was remarking that she was having a difficult time – a comment I cannot understand.

She may be having a problem at work with a fellow worker – but come on she has brains on stalks, she has an engineering degree (aeronautics was it?), she was a wedding planner, she has no real responsibilities and does not want children at the moment – so in what way is she having a hard time apart from wasting her life drinking?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I seem to remember a bit a while back when she wasn’t getting on too well with Chris. And she seems to be overstressing about this creep at work.

Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

Sadly with alcoholism, once it takes hold, it doesn’t really matter what someone is going through, there’s always a reason to drink.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.