Caroline's Will

Home Forums DumTeeDum Caroline's Will

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I have to believe that Caroline will have made a proper will. But I wonder if she has left Gay Grables to Oliver? I believe she put all of her assets into the Hotel when she bought it and did Oliver also put in money, I think he might have done.

Will a share of GG be left to Will? And possibly to some of the loyal staff – Kathy, Roy and Ian? And if Oliver does now own the majority of it will he want to sell up? Kathy is close to retirement age and has lost the power of speech – so what changes there will flow from this?

Any thoughts?

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

I imagine Caroline has been sensible and has made a will. (There’s a serious lesson to be learned about the mistake of not making a will but this might not be the way to do it.) Anyway, who else other than Oliver would she leave her most significant asset to?
    There was talk of surviving siblings who we never really heard about during her lifetime, so we’ll see …

But I do hope she doesn’t leave anything to Will. It’d be more than that horrible oaf deserves. His reaction to Caroline’s death seemed to soften his horridness a little – but hasn’t redeemed him . To my recollection, he’s already unjustly been the beneficiary of a will of an aged Grundy aunt that wasn’t updated.

My guess is that if Oliver ends up as sole owner of Grey Gables he won’t want to deal with it on his own and he probably won’t want to stay in Italy on his own – because that wasn’t the plan – but the scriptwriters may feel that he’s not interesting enough without Caroline in tow. There’s not much to do for the more mature people in the village – especially the widowed men like Bert, Jim and Lewis. Bert and Jim have younger house mate/companions in a kind of “odd couple” set up but they’re not featured very often.

A cremation in Italy. A memorial service in Ambridge.

Is that what it took to stop the unlawful/improper/misuse of tenancy B&B nonsense? Which should never have started …. And does it stop the cricket nonsense? Which should never have started …

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

At the end of my previous post, I mentioned the cricket but the connection to Caroline’s will isn’t obvious!

What I mean to say was, with Will Grundy apparently quite deeply emotionally affected by Caroline’s death, will he indeed come to realise that there are more important things to worry about?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Undeserving though he may be, I would imagine Caroline would leave something to her godson, assuming she has made a will. Wouldn’t it set the cat among the pigeons if it was some interest in Grange Farm.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

That answers a question for me. I have heard Roifield and Lucy speak on the podcast of not including anything from the Sunday evening episode. I wondered if those of us who listen every day (except Saturday) need to wait until the Omnibus edition to post in the forum. Still DTDers who do listen once a week might have benefited from a spoiler alert on this thread. Anybody else cried like me?

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Sorry about the absence of spoiler warning – the convention is mixed umra used to mark items as spoilers until the omnibus but more or less everywhere else (given the ability to download the podcast and the lunchtime repeat) that little regard is paid to marking spoilers.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I didn’t mean to be critical, Kosmo. As someone who listens most days, sometimes twice, I have trouble remembering what happened this week, last week, sometimes, never. Good to know that I don’t have to wait until after the omnibus edition.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.