Charlie's role in all this

Home Forums DumTeeDum Charlie's role in all this

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Claire EasterClaire Easter
    Participant

It has occurred to me that the entire purpose of Charlie was to put a wedge between Helen and Ian. I’m the in group of people that really grew to like the character (I love a good spreadsheet after all), and thought it was very much a damp squib of an exit. Given we’ve heard nothing from Honeysuckle Cottage, save mention of an extra valentine’s card, since Ian found out – I’m left to wonder if the scriptwriters sat down a very long time ago, and went ‘what would make Ian ditch Helen as a friend?’ and Charlie is the result.

Thoughts somewhat overtaken by Sunday’s episode, but still wondering how much of what’s happened in the last two years has been to get us where we are (a split Tom & Kirsty is another example – if still together, would they collectively have let it get this far?).

Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

Ooh! Interesting theory. Although it rather supposes very smart plot planning by the SW which other narrative arcs don’t really bear out. At some point we might all look back and wonder what the hell the whole mega-dairy/Demara/Charlie/Justin thing was about. Perhaps it was initially something to do with the road scheme pushing David & Ruth to consider a move, ahead of the change of heart and the floods. Once that was over it seems like the whole thing has run out of steam. Perhaps it was there partly because of Rob and Helen too.

Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I did wonder whether Charlie might reappear or even Stefan? Maybe some of thosecloose ends that we thought were sloppy will come back to form part of the story arc?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.