Death in Ambridge

Home Forums DumTeeDum Death in Ambridge

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I am a bit uncomfortable with the speculation on which elderly Ambridge resident is due a visit from the grim reaper. Young people in Ambridge die for all sorts of reasons and may be voiced by new actors. Surely when a character has been played by the same beloved actor for yonks, they will live at least until shortly after said actor has shuffled off this mortal coil, tho they may go silent before then. The one possible exception might be if the actor is a great deal younger than the character they play, in which case there could be a problem if they look like setting an age record. Even Joe has more than a decade before this could occur.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

I completely agree. I don’t believe we will be saying good-bye to Peggy or Jill, until the great June Spencer and Patty Greene are no longer able to play them. We should especially savor the time we have left with Peggy/June. And the same especially goes for Joe: he is 96, but Edward Kelsey, who voices him, is “only 87,” so there is some discrepancy between their ages. While last year I did think that Joe was no long for this world, I do now hope that he makes it to be the village’s first (?) centenarian, with Peggy not far behind.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Yes, I think we’re statistically due some centenarians.

Telegrams from the Queen all round, please!

Tom CollinsTom Collins
    Participant

The only oldie I wouldn’t mind seeing the back of is if they brought Ursula back for a dramatic exit. Otherwise I think I’ll feel quite bereft if Peggy, Joe, or Jill popped their clogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitherspoonWitherspoon

Did you know that June Spencer, who plays Peggy, is 98 years old? God bless her!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.