Fairbrother History

Home Forums DumTeeDum Fairbrother History

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    kiwi_listenererkiwi_listenerer
    Participant

I don’t know the history of the Fairbother family in TA, but what happens if daddy Fairbrother turns up to check on Rex and Toby?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Daddy Fairbrother is dead I think. No one to check up on ’em. Hence Toby being such a prick!

Participant

So references to Daddy’s money refer to the inheritance?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Presumably. I’m pretty sure he’s dead. I’ll check!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Now I’m not so sure. Doesn’t say on archers website. But I’m sure they said he was dead when they arrived? I may be misremembering ?

Participant

I too can’t find confirmation either way and my incomplete archive of podcasts for them arriving in Ambridge is missing that period (26/4/2015)!

There is a family tree at http://www.squiresfamily.me.uk/archers/borsetshire/index.html but it looks incomplete and no longer updated. Still has Robin alive at that point.

Oh well, maybe just another potential rabbit hole to jump down ….

Diane TelfordDiane Telford
    Participant

I recall them talking about him in the past tense. You would have thought there would have been “we will pass on your regards” or a pumping daddy for gossip if he was still alive.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Just heard from uncle God Keri Davies. He says:-

tbh I’m not sure. I think he may be Schrödinger’s Fairbrother.

!!!!!!!!!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

And now this hot off the press well Twitter from uncle God Keri

Checked #TheArchers archive – no death date for Robin Fairbrother.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

And this. He’s alive!!

They have an allowance (it was referred to recently) but it doesn’t look like he’s willing to stump up capital.

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Not Schrödinger’s Fairbrother, then, as IIRC, you did not know whether Schrödinger’s Cat was dead or alive, but checking to see would kill it if it was alive (I can’t remember why, though).

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

No me neither! Wouldn’t it release some chemical reaction that would kill the cat if it were actually alive?

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Something like that!

Greavsie E17Greavsie E17
    Participant

If you want the real Fairbrother background I implore you to hunt down a copy of ‘The Archers of Ambridge’ by Geoffrey Webb & Edward Mason, published in 1954. It was published by arrangement with BBC and is essentially a prequel of what happened prior to the radio series began.

A central plot line – and this isn’t giving much away I promise – is that coal has been found beneath Ambridge so the countryside is going to be dug up and turned into a coal mine. The parallels with the Route B story are remarkable.

On a lighter note it also tells the story of how Phil & Grace met and much more fun stuff besides. Not the most challenging read you’ll encounter but if you’re a DumTeeDummer then you’re bound to love it.

Becky BlackBecky Black
    Participant

Schrödinger’s Cat is just a philosophical thought experiment, not one you actually do in real life. Possibly because you can’t get the cat into the locked box.

I think it’s something to do with quantum, as Terry Pratchett would say.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Becky BlackBecky Black.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.