Freddie

Home Forums DumTeeDum Freddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I am getting a tad fed up with everyone treating Freddie like he is the victim. He didn’t care much when Nolutando was so ill with his drugs and it certainly didn’t stop him so only now when he’s caught is he sorry. If it was One of the Horribins they’d all be screaming for blood.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I’m donning my tin hat before writing this, but here goes.

I’m not sure there is any double standard operating. Wayne was caught with drugs at Loxfest and now works at The Bull. Jonny, for one, is an ‘occasional user’. And Tracy Horobin put in an appearance seemingly just to ask for supplies for a friend’s party.

So, it seems that a number of people around the village do use drugs, and perhaps they recognise that they must be buying them from someone, so they can’t exactly demonise Freddie. But a straight-lcaed Aunti Shula manages to think Harrison was exactly right to arrest him but still feel sorry for her nephew who plainly got in over his head and stands a realistic chance of going t jail (although I don’t suppose he will). And I seem to think Peggy was her usual judgemental self towards Freddie.

So, actually I think we’re seeing a fairly nuanced set of responses among people who range from smoking a bit of weed to taking pills at a festical, or those who are quite against drugs but still sympathetic to the individual.

Just my two penn’orth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.