Have I got the hang of this?

Home Forums DumTeeDum Have I got the hang of this?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DustyDusty
    Participant

And if I have….

If Kenton doesn’t succumb to a mental health crisis to explain all the current character mangling, then my anger remains. If he does … then I’ll keep an open mind.

Harriet CarmichaelHarriet
    Participant

*waves*

Ooh look, it’s us posting on a forum again after all this time.

I love Kenton almost as much as you, but he has been temperamental and unpredictable in the past. He’s had his sulks, hasn’t he? And his “immature” moments. Not so sure it is a massive character change, although it is extreme.

I’m betting it will be a full-on meltdown, and will mean he’ll have to move in to Brookfield to be looked after by Mummy (even though Jill is 104 years old, she can run a house and look after everyone else). Brookfield will be so crowded, Ruth and David have to move out. That learn ’em.

Jo LeanJo Lean
    Participant

Um, that reply was actually from me. I think I b*ggered it up by re-registering to get rid of my actual real name.

I listened to this week’s podcast yesterday and heard Dusty’s caller-in. All I can say is well said and good on you. I wish the programme’s producers listened to Dumteedum and had some understanding of – or interest in – their listeners’ views.

They’re in charge of something that has a special place in a lot of people’s lives, and it’s a shame that they don’t seem to realise it. Re-writing characters to give them a complete personality transplant, changing actors so we can’t tell one middle-class 30-something voice from another, getting rid of characters altogether and writing off some potentially really good storylines e.g. the Tuckers and baby Bethany. I could go on, but it would turn into a rant.

Country SquireCountry Squire
    Participant

Good afternoon. It is a well known fact that Kenton is a malingering whinger of the first order who cheats at everything and is dependent on unhappily married women who own property to offer him succour. He also cheats at village competitions. His one tiny redeeming feature is that he hates his brother. Otherwise he is an toss-pot. Poor Substances has been banging on about hearing him for years and she should know better.

Spare MousieSpare Mousie
    Participant

The one vestige of the old Kenton that we have is that he is the only one who knows how upset his Mum is about being booted out of Brookfield.

Incidentally, what an arse David is, not telling Ruth they were coughing up the lion’s share.

DustyDusty
    Participant

I cannot describe how happy it makes me that the Squire has finally got his arse in here and is trying to wind me up. Much missed. He is totally wrong about Kenton, but then again so are the scriptwriters at the moment so what do I know. Kissy kissy btw Dx

Ms Mumbo- JumboMs Mumbo- Jumbo
    Participant

Good Man.
    We are all familiar with the Substance’s PR campaign to try to convince us that the miserable spineless mummy’s boy of a wimp who is now mine host at the Worst Pub in Boresetshire is a good egg. What has this pathetic apology for a human being got to do to make the scales fall from her eyes I ask myself? I am glad to hear that the customers at TB have voted with their feet and the place is now as empty as the late unlamented Ambridge Organix used to be save for the bluebottles desperately flinging themselves against the window trying to get out.
    PS
    Halloooo again to Dusters & Jo Lean xxxxxxx

Country SquireCountry Squire
    Participant

Quite why Borchester Land has not converted the Dull into a boutique nursing home for dribbling Bog Roll heiresses is beyond my ken. And talking of ken, he would be the ideal person to clean the lavs, pluck fluff from plug holes whilst his flaxen haired spouse leads the aged inmates into rousing choruses of ‘Stand by your man’ and other country and western classics. Substances has always been bizarrely attached to the dullard Kenny, but when will we be due a return from Sharp Practices of Royal Tunbridge Wells who can regale us with her lament of the chinless wonder together with health and safety warnings about how no one with an IQ in single figures should venture out onto a pitched roof during a mid winter gale?

Yoo-hoo young Jo. Can we track down Anna Kist from the old days too?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.