Heatherpet

Home Forums DumTeeDum Heatherpet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I am really beginning to grind my teeth over this storyline, I know it’s not supposed to be real but surely it could be accurate? They are going to need a whole makeover for Brookfield if Heather comes to live. But first of all, if she’s well enough to get a taxi, why can’t she stay at home with support? Many frailer people do, and get visits four times a day. Where is social services in all this? There are not just two options here but many. I am a carer for my 99 year old mother and this is just not reflective of what we had to go through, and we are lucky because she has some money. Grrrrrrr. It is important for people who are struggling in the real world with whatever problem (Kenton’s depression for example) that it is reflected accurately. Next they will be going to milk the pigs and shear the cows.

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

It seems to me that in the last week, Heather’s downgrade from character to “plot device” is complete. She seems to have agreed without question to come to Brookfield, whereas formerly she still seemed determined to want to go back to her own home. Also, the way Ruth and David talked about her, it sounded like all she is likely to do in future is lie in bed and stare at the orchard. I wonder whether we will hear from her, or whether she will be the silent presence upstairs, occasionally mentioned by Ruth. What are the odds on Jill having a fall or other “incident” wherever she goes to live, and can never return to Brookfield? Insofar as it deals with Heather, I agree with you, Valerie, that it has lost a bit of reality, but I think the writers want to concentrate on the David/Ruth/Jill aspects.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.