Hello

Home Forums DumTeeDum Hello

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mrs MMrs M
    Participant

Hi I’m new: just thought I would say hello…

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Hello! Welcome to the mad mad world of dumteedum!

Do call in! Roifield loves a new callerinnerer.

And we now have a category for #dumteedogs. So if you have a hound post a picture!

Mrs MMrs M
    Participant

Hi! Thank you ? I did call in: now to excitedly wait for Tuesday to see if I get a mention!

Sarah PassinghamSarah Passingham
    Participant

Hello to all, I’m a newbie too. Lovely to join the DumTeeDummers and I love what a warm community you’ve grown around your podcasts; I look forward to getting to know the regular Callerinnerers. I’m also a huge fan of Nancy Banks-Smith’s A Month in Ambridge – am I allowed to mention her here? Do hope others enjoy her wonderful writing. Her analysis of Rob as the Boa Constrictor hypnotising the female characters is spot on, and her opening salvo of Ambridge shooting ‘backwards to the good old days as if its braces were caught on the doorknob’ was a glory to read. Oh that woman has a way with words! So here’s my suggestion: when Nancy finally retires from journalism, I hope she reappears as a member of The Archers caste. Where would she slot in? Or could she be persuaded to join Lucy and Roifield on a podcast? Although I might have to take evasive action to avoid permanent risk of injury from over-laughing! Ooer Noah!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Mrs M! Good! You’ll be on the podcast. Definitely. I do hope you mentioned your occupation? Otherwise Roifield gets to have another rant about not following the rules!!

Sarah! Welcome! I’ve not heard of Nancy Banks-Smith. I’m a well known idiot though! Who does she write for?

Mrs MMrs M
    Participant

Oh dear. I didn’t mention my occupation: just the town I work in ? I didn’t see any rules yikes!!!!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Oh well. That’s that! You’re out!! ??????

Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

Don’t worry about the rules, Roifield is a pussy cat…..I only followed the rules this week and it’s a year since I first called in!!

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Miss Bertho! Shame on you! Just as well Roifield likes his ladies…….?

Participant

Hi Aunty Jean, Sorry, I should have said that Nancy Banks-Smith writes for the Guardian – used to be their TV critic for about 40 years, I think. She’s the same age as my Mum (86) so you could say she’s retired, but like all of us here, she can’t retire from listening to, and commenting on The Archers! She’s anarchic, perceptive and hilarious (pay attention at the back there, and oh, do keep up! being some of her favourite phrases). Until I discovered DumTeeDum, I lived in terror of her finally dropping off the journalism perch and wondered where I could go to get my outside Archers discussion with laugh-out-loud bits fix. But, here you all are, alive and kicking – Roifield and Lucy bringing the whole parley thing into the present day. I love it all! BTW, any idea how I can alter my profile to only use my nickname and not my straight-up, formal, long dress and gloves whole nomenclature?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Ah I see. I’ll look out for her then!

As to altering your name it’ll be in your profile page which needless to say I can’t remember how to get to! Tweet Roifield or Lucy. They’re clever peeps and will know. ?

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

I’ve changed your real name to your nickname Sarah. 🙂

Participant

That’s very kind, Roifield. Really appreciate that. I’m a bit of a novice-klutz when it comes to using forums!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.