Henry the bargaining chip

Home Forums DumTeeDum Henry the bargaining chip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marmadukemarmaduke
    Participant

Now is surely the moment that Rob and Ursula’s abduction of Henry pays off. At this stage Rob doesn’t need to demand custody of “Gideon” and remove him permanently from the pernicious influence of the Archer family. That is, of course, the long game, but at the moment he just needs to get access and work from there.

So here’s a plan. Threaten that unless he is immediately allowed access he will return to his old job in Canada taking Henry with him, and once he has custody, which he surely will given Helen’s patent unfitness to be a mother, “Gideon” as well. Helen will never see either of them again.

Of course the ultimate goal is that Helen and all her family will be cut out of their lives anyway (or he might just dump Henry once he’s got his proper, blood son) but Helen doesn’t need to know any of that at this point. The Archers need to wake up and realise that he and Ursula are playing by a totally different set of rules to them.

Hell hath no fury like a psychopath rejected!

Siobhan WildeSiobhan Wilde
    Participant

I can’t get my head around why Rob is so intent upon full custody of Henry and Jack. Wasn’t he just about to ship Henry off to boarding school? And does he really relish the thought of bringing up a newborn by himself? Seems a bit odd to me…

marmadukemarmaduke
    Participant

It’s a good point Siobhan. My suspicion would be that he hasn’t thought about it in those terms. His focus is on punishing Helen for her betrayal (as he would see it) and getting “my son” away from her influence.

I suppose it’s possible he does have genuine feelings for Henry but I fear he is just a pawn in the game.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.