Henry

Home Forums DumTeeDum Henry

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joanna Fisherjoanna Fisher
    Participant

I was thinking about Henry and I think he’s being naughty due to an illness I.e.autoimmune encephalitis. What do other people think?

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

I do hope not, I don’t want another in-depth Helen storyline. I think her wanting to steer him away from computer games, while wrong and impossible in today’s age is understandable considering their backstory. I hope the story is as simple a one as that.

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I was thinking about Henwee from a different perspective. We know he has been involved in at least two events that came to the attention of the police, and at least one to his school (his mother stabbing his stepfather, and his stepfather attempting to abduct his baby half-brother). So, is it really the case that there would be no follow up from social services or other ‘authorities’? With all the emphasis on safeguarding children these days, I can’t quite believe he hasn’t got a social worker popping in, at the very least. I know Witherspoon and others have talked about counselling/therapy for him, and indeed for Helen, but what about “official channels”? Can any listener shed light on what would happen in these circumstances?

Zoe BojelianYorkshireLass
    Participant

Trying to think back. There certainly should have been a child protection meeting and plan in action. I have a vague memory of something about it being judged safe for Henry to stay with Pat and Tony while Helen was in prison. Would have expected an action plan to still be in place with check ups, unless at some point it was decided no longer needed. Don’t remember that being the case. Perhaps it is something that has just been forgotten, like the bunting & Matt’s suitcase.

joanna Fisherjoanna Fisher
    Participant

Hi all, forgive me as I’m a recent listener. Should really do my research before jumping to conclusions!!

Sean GeraghtySean Geraghty
    Participant

if Henry doesn’t get his console soon i fear we will have a Columbine scenario on our hands

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.