Ian & Adam

Home Forums DumTeeDum Ian & Adam

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew HornAndrew Horn

I missed the deadline to call in this week, but Ian and Adam have been playing on my mind.

Generally the characteristic of their relationship is Ian provides the sensible rock/centre point to ground Adam’s impetuosity. Adam is the one with the fiery temper, the affairs, the perpetual whinging and St Ian puts up with him.

However the baby situation has caused me to rethink. OK, Adam was initially sceptical and took some talking round but he has now embraced the project and is doing all he can to push forward with the surrogacy. I feel this is genuine on his part and not just because him punching Matt lead to them losing a potential surrogate.

Now it is Ian who is being unreasonable – no baby unless I’m the biological Daddy. Why is he being so selfish? What has he got against Adam being the sperm donor. Ian has lost his halo in my eyes and I’m losing emotional engagement with this storyline.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

We frequently think alike, Andrew Horn. Listen to my call this week. I was also planning to quote a tweet of yours, but I forgot to (and now I forget what I was quoting you about!).

Andrew HornAndrew Horn

Thanks – it’s the thought that counts.

Stephanie PowerStephanie Power
    Participant

The two of them have gone off the boil for me. Never quite liked Adam for his long suffering tone and hissyfits over ownership of the farm with Brian. I always liked Ian but I think it was his his role as a sounding board for helen etc during the storyline which must not be named that made me like him so much. Also when they said that they wanted a natural baby after considering adoption for five minutes and wanting to zoom ahead in the process because they were so “old”-something about that made me turn against the whole plot.

Now they have taken centre stage, they seem less and less like candidates for good parents. They never seem to have a minute to themselves and are extremely busy all the time. Most of the time, they are consulting each other on when they will see each other again. Never remember Brian or anisha or other busy people in ambridge have 90% of most conversations being “I am doing this-I am free for 5 minutes after lunch””No, ____ is on and ….”? When would this imaginary kid have the attention of both parents and would they want it if they got it? They both seem so overbearing that the child would either have 0 or 100% of their attention at any one time. Then the kid would have an issue at some time and I shiver at the thought of Adam being the oracle of doom and Ian being in a tizzy.The child would either be abandoned or helicopter parented at random times of the year….ugh.

It is terrible and would cause a million monologues (considering that the both of them get overdramatic at either grey gables having the least change or the yield price going down or up) but I think they should break up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.