Jill: Holier than thou?

Home Forums DumTeeDum Jill: Holier than thou?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Not for the first time I find myself irritated by Jill. Whilst I agree that there is something unseemly about the extravagance of the few vs the many, I question whether having a go at Brian is the right way of tackling this. Jill’s contribution to tackling inequality is a very recent development and I wonder whether she is in a position to be so sanctimonious, not forgetting her own family home is worth millions, one daughter has a stately home with a fancy restaurant another owns stables and her other son owns a country pub.

Jo ShewanJo Shewan
    Participant

Newbie Dumtedummer so be gentle with me! It’s good for Jill that she is developing interests outside the family and I suppose it’s not an unrealistic storyline as plenty of people become politicised in their later years. However, I really don’t like the way the scriptwriters have her sounding like a petulant child or behaving like a teenager who is angry with the world. As you point out, why have a go at Brian? He didn’t even know the new restaurant was replacing Happy Friends. And how long has Jill been involved in the project anyway? A week?? Kirsty is a bad influence. This J-K mutual appreciation society (“You’re wonderful” “No, you’re wonderful”) makes me bristle.
    I am just waiting to see how Jill will disrupt the opening of the summer fete in protest against the Duxworth-lewis sisters (or whatever they are called)…

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Poor old Jill has undergone a number of personality transplants over the years. I can remember admiring her so much when she always seemed to have a very tactful way of dealing with difficult situations. Not the case lately at all! I wonder if her thyroid problems are reoccurring.

Janis PoeJanispope
    Participant

Fat friend, that’s an interesting angle, I didn’t consider that her personality changes could be due to something like that.

Jo we are all gentle folk in dumteedum land! Good point about Jill disrupting the village fete, due to the involvement of The Duxford Sisters (who sound like a WW2 retro act to me) I like to think of her staging some sort of welcome to hell event next to Cathy’s White Elephant stall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.