Johnnie, Freddie and attitudes to drugs

Home Forums DumTeeDum Johnnie, Freddie and attitudes to drugs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

Is it realistic that Johnnie is someone who will happily take an E now anad again but is so outraged by Freddie dealing them? I’m too old and square to know many people who do more than smoke the old spliff, and they often seem to sell on to each other. So, I find Johnnie’s reaction unlikely.

Of course, he is a bit outraged that Freddie lied to him, and about being hit on the head by a brick from Ellis. But on the whole I’m not finding the fallout from Freddie’s downfall all that convincing.

I’d welcomd some insight from someone closer to their age / attitudes to drugs

David KinsellaDavid Kinsella
    Participant

I find the holier than thou attitude of Johnnie to Freddie’s drug dealing unbelievable as well. I’m not in the first flush of youth myself but it was always accepted that one of my own group of friends was the go to person for buying your weekends disco biscuits or a bit of speed to get you through to Monday. Mainly because not everyone was connected to a dealer or wished to deal with some random guy at the club/warehouse/field, so it made sense that someone became a middle man. Most kids don’t know dealer but do know a friend who knows a guy, who knows a fella who can sort you out. This whole drug storyline is in danger of turning into a “just say no” drug awareness campaign, if the cast get together and release a anti drugs record with moving images of poor Freddie behind bars then I’m turning off forever. Considering they handle meaty relevant subjects such as spousal abuse, homelessness, gambling etc with a degree of knowledge, its surprising that the drugs storyline cones across a little ham fisted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.