Justin and Rob

Home Forums DumTeeDum Justin and Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Very different people, but do you think there is just a hint of coercive control about Justin’s relationship with Lilian? ‘You don’t need your money back from Matt now that you’ve got me.’

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

No, I think Justin’s just over-bearing and arrogant. But then, I’m going by the legal descriptions of controlling behaviour, coercive behaviour and domestic abuse.

These are government guidelines/definitions:

“Domestic violence and abuse is defined as any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless of gender or sexuality. This can encompass, but is not limited to, the following types of abuse: psychological, physical, sexual, financial and emotional.”

“Coercive behaviour is an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.”

“Controlling behaviour is a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.”

You’d have a job framing a prosecution against Justin, I reckon.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City.
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

I wasn’t looking to prosecute Justin; I did say just a hint. Didn’t Rob begin by framing his behaviour as doing what was best for Helen out of love?
    Happy Yorkshire Day!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by marie ingerfatffriend.
    Marie Eaton SmithMarie Eaton Smith
    Participant

Well, Justin has not started to tell Lillian what clothes to wear, how to style her hair, limit her funds, stopping her driving, limiting her access to her friends and family, put a tracker on her phone, rape, take over her life/work etc as Rob got into the habit of doing pretty quickly.

I think Justin is worried that Lillian may drift back to Matt – but I do hope not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.