Listening Figures

Home Forums DumTeeDum Listening Figures

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Helen HendersonHelen Henderson
    Participant

Apparently, “despite” the domestic abuse storyline, The Archers listening figures have “slipped”…. How about the figures have “slipped” “because” of the interminable saga ?
    In other news, anyone suspect Sean O’Connor is the mad lovechild of Ronnie Barker and Pat from Eastenders ?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/may/19/the-archers-audience-domestic-abuse-radio-4-today?CMP=twt_gu

Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I’m not surprised many people have found it hard to listen to and although I Was an avid listener I have dipped in and out recently.

DustyDusty
    Participant

The spinning doesn’t surprise me. They simply do not ‘get’ the die hard listeners. Many (I admit not all) don’t enjoy sensation, and I don’t see why attracting sensation seeking listeners is a goal. They by and large won’t stay for weeks and months of Bert’s Marrow and Lynda’s sniff, which is the sort of thing I for one prefer. If they want sensation seeking listeners it will inevitably not be the programme that has survived the decades and could well become vulnerable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.