Message to Paul Roome

Home Forums DumTeeDum Message to Paul Roome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

Hi
    You mentioned in your callerinner spot that the omnibus was only an hour long, so bits were cut out…..but that was before there was a Sunday evening addition….so nothing was cut out…..I think.
    But I agree with you totally that it doesn’t matter what order you listen to the shows in, generally.
    Jx

Spare MousieSpare Mousie
    Participant

Bonjour, Jacqueline!

The programme used to be 15 minutes long, five days a week, is how I understood it and was condensed to an hour in the omnibus. I believe they deliberately recorded ‘fillers’ that could easily be removed. (Perhaps that was the origin of ‘change counting’ so beloved on the old BBC messageboard.) I suppose the removal of the opening music for all but the first episode and the closing music for all but the last would have helped cut it down.

jennifer turnerjenniferexile
    Participant

Yes, I sometimes used to amuse myself by guessing which bits would be cut out. How sad was that?

Paul RoomePaul Roome
    Participant

Hello Jacqueline and all. Yes I recall that weekday episodes were longer, then slightly reduced in length when the Sunday episode was added and omnibus lengthened to include all the episodes with no cutting of the fluff. The accordion music and Tom Forrest’s preamble also make me all nostalgic. Now I listen to podcasts on my phone mainly apart from occasional live snippets. Progress…

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I can remember becoming aware of this and listening for duplicated information and then checking that one of the two conversations did not appear in the omnibus.

Does anyone else recall the extra Saturday morning stereo test transmission?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.