Odd things this week …

Home Forums DumTeeDum Odd things this week …

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike HattonMike Hatton
    Participant

I think Helen could revert to Archer even without formal divorce proceedings, but I may be mistaken. Even after Rob became Henry’s joint legal guardian nothing was ever said about Henry’s name being changed to Titchener, so I have continued to call him Archer in the character stats. Similarly, until we hear Helen return to being Helen Archer I shall carry on using her married surname.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Helen can revert to being Helen Archer if she wants by changing her name by deed poll or by a statutory declaration. It’s fairly inexpensive and not complicated to do so. She just has to let every institution, company or agency (etc) that knows her as Helen Titchener know that she’s changed her name.

As for changing Henry’s name, she can only do that with Rob’s consent or a court order. However, I don’t remember her changing Henry’s surname …

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

To Alison Johnson – Helen can divorce Rob if she wants. Alternatively, he can divorce her. Either of them can petition for divorce.

To Sarahasarie – Not being well up on my criminal law, evidence practice and procedure much less technology (!) I have no idea about this tracking software that Rob put on Helen’s phone. I’m not sure how it functions and how it can be admitted into evidence. It’s significant to the storyline because it fits in with what we know about Rob’s controlling behaviour. However, since Helen has made almost no meaningful disclosure to anyone who can actually help I wouldn’t be surprised if her solicitor hasn’t worked out that it’s relevant. I’m afraid, there are probably a lot of very competent, skilled, hard working solicitors and barristers who would have completely lost patience with Helen by now. She’s a few weeks from a trial date and she’s given them nothing at all to work with …

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.