Order of John Archer

Home Forums DumTeeDum Order of John Archer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jon The FirstJon The First
    Participant

Can I say how much I love the Order of John Archer badge on my profile? Fabulous!!

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

As the first of the owner of the honour its only right that we proudly display your gong on your page Sir!

Gita BeecroftGita Beecroft
    Participant

Hello DumteeDum

My husband (the OH) has been called John ever since he was born. He doesn’t have a middle name, which is sad.

He used to be one of those irritating people who used to call at 7.01 pm to chat, ask me what was for supper and tell me he was on the train (or not) but now he has finally learnt to send me a text to this effect so anything is possible. I think he got the message when I never picked up the phone.

He virtually never listens to the Archers because he’s never home in time but, if he’s on holiday, say, he keeps interrupting and asking for the complete backstory about whoever’s talking. Which is even more difficult these days.

All in all I think I deserve an Order of John Archer badge for my sheer heroism and tolerance.

Pretty please?

Keymaster

That tale of woe is enough to make you John X, this honour will be bestowed on you on the next show!

Yokel BearYokel Bear
    Participant

My next door neighbour but one is called John. He’s a bit odd – bit of a nudist back garden sun bather if you know what I mean. Anyhoo, does this qualify me as a John? I think I have a pretty strong case.

Keymaster

He sounds more like Derek Fletcher, so your application has been black balled!

Sue ArcherSue Archer
    Participant

Can we have a special order for people who actually have the surname Archer? If it swings it, my husband has built his own tractor.

LandlessGentryLandlessGentry
    Participant

My confirmation name is John. Partly after my grandfather, and partly in anticipation of applying for the order of John Archer a few decades later. Does that count?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Could I be the only female member of the order? Jean in the French?

I await confirmation or black balling……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.