Pip! Pip!

Home Forums DumTeeDum Pip! Pip!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jo LeanJo Lean
    Participant

Gawd, I know the kidz of Ambridge suffer from arrested development (although Dan has managed to move more than two miles away without a meltdown. Who knew Shula would turn out to be Best Ambridge Parent?), but leaving a job BEFORE the induction is over and blithely letting your parents pay thousands of pounds to buy out a contract, not to mention no thought of the poor bugger who was planning to move across the country, move into a new cottage and start a new job.

David and Ruth are helicopter parents plus ultra, I know, but surely anyone would say “belt up, do your job and if you don’t want to, at least pay the 2.5 grand you’ve wasted, you idiotic child-woman.”

I’m angry.

Lady GarfGarfLady GarfGarf
    Participant

Totally agree. She should’ve stuck at it, at least until the induction was over. I wasn’t sure about my first job, and ultimately left after a year, but gained valuable experience in the process. Maybe she should have talked to Alice? She has had job uncertainties, but from what I understand (from what little we hear of her) she seems to now be enjoying work with a reasonable amount of success?

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

I would not be so critical, in that I have had a couple of jobs where I have had doubts early on, but stuck with it, and ended up exiting anyway in due course. Yes, valuable experience gained, but I might also have got that elsewhere. If you are sure you have made a mistake, better for both employer and employee to address it earlier.

I am more annoyed by the “Archers team” toying with the listeners. It was improbable that a new actor would disappear so quickly, so it was simply a case of waiting to see how and when Pip would decide to stay at Brookfield. All a bit tedious.

Country SquireCountry Squire
    Participant

When you think, Young Jo, that her grandmother has the screaming hab-dabs when she faces the loss of a writing desk when everyone she knows is within walking distance (and who writes letters these days anyway?) and her mother has hysterics on a regular basis it is scarce wonder that Pip, far from being this ruddy genius of a young farmer, does not wear a Benny from Crossroads knitted hat and sits in her bedroom licking the window. No strange, thoughtless or self indulgent behaviour on her behalf should shock us. I am fervently hoping that she gets impregnated by one of the Sloaney Foie Gras boys down at their goose hut. Incidentally won’t rearing 30,000 geese knock seven bells out of the Edday Grunday Chrizmerze Turkay trade?

Lovely to communicate with you again Young Jo after all this time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.