Plot prediction

Home Forums DumTeeDum Plot prediction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Fuelled (I must admit) by next week’s Radio Times, I think Rob’s going to suggest farming Henry off to boarding school. I think I remember that Rob went himself and he is definitely the kind who thinks ‘it never did me any harm’ when evidently it turned him into a total emotional degenerate. It would also conveniently get Henry out of the way for him to fill the house with mini-Robs who are genetically his.

Sarah CMSarah CM
    Participant

Not having access to the RT, I don’t know what’s coming, but that wouldn’t surprise me in the least. He needs to get rid of Henry somehow, so that Helen is completely dependent on him (Rob) for emotional comfort. No doubt it will be framed as getting Henry away from the nasty bullying Joseph, to a boarding school where Helen won’t know about any bullying.

Hmm, thought … Would Ruairi’s experience be communicated to Helen at all?

Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Has Ruairi’s experience been communicated to anyone recently?

Charlie CatCharlie Cat
    Participant

(1ST POST!!)

I can see him trying to suggest Peggys money used for the fees too, though if im totally honest i wouldn’t weep for Henry if he went, he drives me up the wall.

Anonymous
    Inactive

He IS deeply annoying it’s true, though I must confess I find most four year old boys that way. But he does act as a bit of a buffer between Helen and Titchynob and is the only reason Helen would have for not putting Titchynob first. With him out of the way he’d own her totally. There’s a tiny, hopeful part of me though that thinks Rob suggesting it might be another straw on the camel’s back for Helen.

jennifer turnerjenniferexile
    Participant

Quite sure Rob will want to pack Henry off to boarding school as soon as he’s old enough – “to make a man of him”. But if they are still together The poor little mite will be better off and safer there than home at Toxic Hill Cottage.

Neil BourqueNeil Bourque
    Participant

I had the same thought while listening to one of the podcasts. Henry is definitely boarding school bound.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

I’ve no idea of what boarding school fees in the fictional world but by reference to the fee paying schools round my way, I don’t see how Helen and Rob can afford them on one income.

They don’t own their own home, for a start which I would have thought was more of a priority. Plus, there’s not been any word about financial settlement after the divorce from Jess which I would also have thought was a significant issue even though there were no children of the marriage.

Pat and Tony always seemed to run the farm as if they were living from hand to mouth – and now Helen and Tom have taken over. I don’t imagine that it has suddenly become massively profitable. Somehow the farm has to provide an income for Pat and Tony in retirement, Helen and Tom – plus Johnny and now Rob. It’s hard for me to understand how that’s possible.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

It isn’t possible. I guess pat and tony have a pension they’ve been paying into so they’ll have that income to keep them going. The farm will support Tom and Helen esp with the farm shop opening. But whether it’ll run to supporting Johnny and rob and paying Jazzer and Neil’s salary we will have to wait and see.

Does Usha own Blosson Hill Cottage? If rob and Helen are paying commercial rates on the rent then boarding school is defo a no-no.

jennifer turnerjenniferexile
    Participant

Rob may not yet realise that there is a massive mortgage on Bridge Farm. He thinks he’s married into money, but he hasn’t. Peggy’s 10k won’t last long. He ought to have some dosh squirrelled away from his two years on good money at Berrow Farm. The odd lunch at the Bull has not exactly been living the high life and the holiday in the Isle of Wight wouldn’t have broken the bank, but long term future just depending on Bridge Farm is ludicrous.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.