Rob: Clues, Clues, and more Clues (and questions)

Home Forums DumTeeDum Rob: Clues, Clues, and more Clues (and questions)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WitherspoonWitherspoon

I know how disquieting it is for many, and as much as we’d like to cut off the Rob storyline, it continues to dominate The Archers. Interesting clues have been revealed in the past week. We’ve been made aware that Rob and Dr. Richard’s paths have crossed in some way, and Rob wants to conceal this intersection. Justin is intending on closing Berrow Farm because of unexpected major financial losses (remember who the manager was). (And let’s not forget Rob’s suspected actions at the farm during flood-ageddon). Rob asks Tom to send paychecks to a joint account he and Helen have. Tom thinks it’s an innocent request, but then why were the listeners privy to this conversation, if it doesn’t have significance? Rob passive-aggressively plays with Helen’s head and accuses her of getting the fruit order wrong, which Helen denies. So Rob must have gone back and changed the order to create the illusion of Helen’s incompetence.

So, are signs pointing to Rob being a major embezzler? I think so. Does he have a past history of such behavior? I think so. And why was Rob so obsessed with a name for his unborn child? Helen is clearly still not eating-how will impact the pregnancy? Perhaps there will be a crisis where there’s a decision to be made about the life of Helen or the life of the unborn baby; or Helen will simply miscarry? Why is Rob opposed to Anja (actually, I don’t even remember her) working at the shop-did they have a brief dalliance? Will “loose lips” Jennifer tell Adam about Berrow Farms, which will lead him to tell Charlie, which will lead Charlie to resume his investigation of Rob? And lastly, has Helen completely repressed/suppressed her conversation with Ian?

Al GrundyAl Grundy
    Participant

I think I am almost alone by loving the Rob storyline! I just love a bit of tricky bad behaviour with which to internet diagnose! Now if we do have a little embezzlement it would handily bring us closer to an anti social personality diagnosis as we need some criminal doings to get that one. Hmmmm!

WitherspoonWitherspoon

Yes indeed, Narcissistic and Anti-social Personality Disorders.

Al GrundyAl Grundy
    Participant

Ooo now I don’t know much about narcissistic PD so am off to read up about that one. Anti social PD – we can also tick off neglectful childhood, although tbh we don’t really know enough, just the suspicion that his mum was pretty odd, superficially charming,(yes Pat and Justin, you fools!), nonsensical lying, sometimes Rob lies about things which Helen could find out about easily enough, eg banana order, using people for his own ends, yep Helen and her family tick that box..
    My plot prediction is that once he’s found out by Pat, Tony, Helen and Tom it’s going to be much too late for the business. He’s inculcated himself in there so well that’s he’s going to (a) bleed them dry, and (b) be impossible to extricate him without resorting to legal process…

Al GrundyAl Grundy
    Participant

Also now Scruff’s reappeared was it really a dog skeleton..

Miss PellMiss Pell
    Participant

Hi, Witherspoon.

We know where Rob has met Dr Locke before because it was Richard who took Rob’s DNA sample. Also, when he spoke to Shula not long after this event, Dr Locke mentioned that he had recently seen a patient from Ambridge.
    Not very professional of a GP to wonder aloud where he has seen someone before, in front of other people (Shula and Helen were present), and it’s not surprising that Rob didn’t wish to acknowledge having met him. Who would in those circumstances?
    It is possible that Richard would have particularly remembered Rob if he had seen his address. Dr Locke used to live at Blossom Hill Cottage with Usha.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

I didn’t remember that it was Richard who took Rob’s DNA sample. Regarding Richard wondering where he had met Rob before…that’s a tough one-you must instantly decide whether it could have been in your office (if in doubt then you shut your mouth) or whether it was a social meeting (then you can proceed like any other earthling).

jennifer turnerjenniferexile
    Participant

Yes, I took it as a natural slip from Richard just because he was in a social situation meeting up again with lots of people he hadn’t seen in ions. Rob clearly took it otherwise though.
    But your point about Rob’s address being the same cottage where Richard used to live is an excellent one Miss Pell. Surely he would have had to include that on the forms. I can only put that down to continuity forgetfulness now there’s no archivist.

As for Rob being an embezzler. I don’t think so. I simply think he is a very poor manager due to his innate arrogance, but then is quite happy to cook the stats to cover his mistakes.
    Anya was the silent shop assistant at Ambridge Organics. Even a a silent, she could be construed as another possible friend or confidant to Helen, so obviously she has to go on Rob’s banned list.

Paul RoomePaul Roome
    Participant

I like the red herrings, or are they? £1.5M lost from Berrow Farm. Rob buying expensive presents with no income. Is this how he is found out? Hmmm…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.