Save Charlie Barbour Spreadsheet…

Home Forums DumTeeDum Save Charlie Barbour Spreadsheet…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jennifer turnerjenniferexile
    Participant

I like Charlie and I don’t want him to go… I can’t for the life of me see why he’s been covering Rob’s job instead of advertising the position the day he left, so the story makes no sense to me, but leaving Berrow seems to be the way its going.
    I actually think the long time genuine pull between Charlie and Adam, resisted but for a New Year’s snog after a few drinks, contrasts strongly with Helen’s full on Hellbent pursuit of Rob and having MBS every chance she got when he was still married to Jess. I think something is going to happen before the wedding, possibly Rob winding Helen up to spill the beans to Ian. “We can’t be hypocritical Darling. You know it’s best.” `
    Surely Charlie couldn’t have actually backed down to Rob for fear of being outed as gay, so I assumed it was to keep him quiet about the clinch with Adam. If that comes out, as it were, will Charlie come back with evidence of Rob’s dodgy dealings at Berrow? I live in hope, though with Rob’s teflon track record, not all that much….

Becky BlackBecky Black
    Participant

I don’t want him to go either, I think he’s a good character. And an enemy of Rob, which we always need more of. I don’t think he will go, in fact. (Once Ambridge has its claws in, it’s hard to escape.) I think he’ll end up working with or for Adam. What else he might he doing with or for Adam is a matter for speculation…

Becky BlackBecky Black
    Participant

Also I don’t want him to go, because I can usually pick his voice out from the others. I mean he’s no Grundy, but he’s not quite as similar as NuTom and the Fairbretheren say.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Save Charlie?

No.

Spare MousieSpare Mousie
    Participant

I’d save him in the hopes that he’d bring Rob down. As Becky says, as an enemy of Rob, it’s a pity to see him go.

His character has oddly transformed, hasn’t it? In the early days he definitely had the upper hand with Rob, was always making him squirm about being late for meetings or the dairy figures not being good enough. How can one snog have changed the balance so completely? I find that hard to believe.

Participant

Well I think he backed down with Rob to protect Adam – in a just world he’ll now reveal to Justin what he’s found out about Rob’s dodgy practices at Berrow, but I’m not holding my breath…

Spare MousieSpare Mousie
    Participant

Jennifer, I agree, I think that’s exactly why Charlie allowed Rob to blackmail him. He’s Sydney Carton, isn’t he, ‘a far, far better thing I do’, sacrificing himself for Adam. Does Adam deserve it, though?

Participant

Yess Janie, Sydney Carton. Great analogy.
    But surely he doesn’t HAVE to put his head on the block now.

Spare MousieSpare Mousie
    Participant

Is it too late to save Charlie’s job, I wonder. He kept quiet to Justin about Rob but it won’t necessarily make him look any better to spill the beans now. And, sadly, there’s no actual proof Rob did very much wrong. They never traced Stefan and the incorrect figures were put down to post-flood chaos.

My only hope is that Stefan turns up again and not in the silage clamp!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.