Struggling to care …

Home Forums DumTeeDum Struggling to care …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

There are a lot of storylines at the moment but I’m not sure I care enough about the outcome of any of them.

Like a lot of people, I definitely don’t give two shakes of a lamb’s tail for Helen Archer or Henry. The idea of Emma’s dream house and Shula and Alistair’s divorce make me sigh, roll my eyes and shake my head. I also don’t feel invested in Freddie or Lily or Elizabeth. I’m glad Pip, Rex and Toby have fallen silent for now. And I’m not interested in Lexi, Roy, Adam and Ian and the surrogacy plan. Plus I’ve given up wondering where Kathy is or why Dr Locke or Carol Tregorran were brought back.

Having said that, I’m much more bothered that I’m away during the weekend of the DumTeeDum meet up in Birmingham because I’d have loved to have come along.

Hope everyone has an amazing time!

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I’m definitely mostly with you, MMC. I’d add in not caring about the Aldridges’ house sale.

I am *slightly* sympathising with Lizzie, and wondering how the Russ-as-pedophile-teacher piece is going to play out. And on that score wuite liking the doubts creeping into Lily’s mind about his scrounginess. So, I look forward to hearing more on this.

And like you, I can’t make Brum so look forward to hearing about it, and perhaps another DTD live in London some time soon.

Roifield BrownRoifield Brown
    Keymaster

Like Purple Pumkin, I’m interested to see how the Russ ND Lilly storyline plays out and I’d actually like more insight into Toby being a new Dad.

Shame you cant both attend the live event!

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

Hmm. My problem is that I am running behind as I have been away on holiday so cannot comment on the current stuff. Given current morals Lily and a lecturer seems unlikely. Freddie and drugs – unlikely. Lizzie is the worst mother on the planet, apart from Helen.

The solution to Henry are a few gentle smacks so he understands right from wrong. Sorry but appropriate corrective treatment is needed to get the message through – not a constant run of treats. And Helen missed the opportunity for a corrective lecture on the danger of guns.

Whilst I know that Roifield has been in Alastair’s boat I find the entire saga of the divorce unconvincing.

I assume competing work has led to Anisha’s departure and Lexi’s absence; but then the character count is too high these days.

Zoe BojelianYorkshireLass
    Participant

Kosmo I am assuming you would not advocate assaulting an adult to teach them right from wrong, which what ‘a few gentle slaps would be’, all the more one from a disfunctional and traumatizing environment. Hitting children does not teach them right from wrong and in the most civilised parts of the world is unlawful.

As many have said previously Henry needs proper therapeutic support if he is to overcome the awful things he has witnessed and thrive & grew in to a caring, well balanced adult.

I don’t want to offend you Kosmo, but could not leave your comment unchallenged.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.