Swimming in the Am

Home Forums DumTeeDum Swimming in the Am

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Is this an Ambridge thing like the Flower and Produce Show or the panto? I don’t remember anyone swimming in the Am in the summer much less in mid-winter! And wasn’t there an otter sighted not so long ago? Will it be found dead?

Lady BarbarellaLady Barbarella
    Participant

It did sound a bit ridiculous. Kirsty has been around long enough but she’s never embarked on anything this silly (except almost marrying Tom).

KosmoKosmo
    Participant

I think a cooling dip during a hot summer’s day has happened before but I cannot remember a previous New Year’s Day dip. Why Kirsty would even want to consider repeating it a few weeks later I cannot imagine.

Surely Joe could have been wandering by the river and made one of his observations as he has done in the past when the Am was all muddy due to soil erosion on the estate and Home Farm land from over farming before Adam tried to put it right?

And if any farmer had a dump on his land thirty years ago then surely that would have been Grange Farm and not Home Farm?

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Can anyone remember who went in on New Year’s day – Ambridge’s own version of the polar bear club. Whoever they were, they did not notice dead fish but may get ill in the future, or be worried that they will.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.