Tea and Sympathy, Wine and incomprehension: the recovery bar is open!

Home Forums DumTeeDum Tea and Sympathy, Wine and incomprehension: the recovery bar is open!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    EmilyEmily
    Participant

In honour of the last 48 hours and everything that has happened, I’m throwing the doors open of my new digital cafe/pub. Yes I’m taking of Jolene and Fallon at the same time and showing them how its done.

Release your primal scream. Slam your forehead into your keyboards. Shake your fists at the sky. The bar is open and the first drink is on the house.

Today’s Specials:
    Bloody Robs – like a bloody mary but replacing the tabasco with the liquid from inside a can of tuna.
    Blood orange polenta cake and a pot of Lady Grey tea with a gin chaser (for nerves)
    Wine – lots and lots of wine

Now get your orders in and tell your new favourite digital landlady, How are you coping with the events of Sunday and Monday. Have you come down of the adrenaline rush? Or are you still in shock.

*Cleans a floral teacup with a bar rag and trembling hands*

In all honesty though, I’m definitely in the former camp. I keep having little adrenaline rushes about it. Lucy is right – headphones were a bad idea.

Valerie BaylissValerie Bayliss
    Participant

I have gone from not wanting to listen any more to can’t wait to listen. Although I wish she had used the knife about 25cm lower I am glad that he is not dead because I hope it will be a better story line. TA has sought to inform about this type of abuse and therefore this should continue – having said that very large glass of dry white please ?

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

Thank you. A large glass of white wine and a huge piece of chocolate cake please!

I’ve got over the shock. I mean something had to give and rob put the bloody knife in her hands.

It’s what happens next that counts. The bastard is still breathing. So. Who do they believe. Rob or Helen. All bets in please.

Alison JohnsonAlison Johnson
    Participant

The sun is not over the yard arm in the US …but if you insist make mine a dry white.
    Rob is hurt so sympathy will go to that bastard first and everyone will have Helen down as a loony. So Jess and Kirsty have to step up, as does Shula and Tom and anyone else that has glimpsed the dastardly side of the evil one…Cheers

Andrew HornAndrew Horn

It’s going to be a long road to shift the sympathy from Rob to Helen….can just hear Joe (I’m 94 you know) saying she’s always been odd, or Lynda using the phrase highly strung. Not sure which way gossip queen Susan will go.

Bloody Robs an inventive twist, but a bit too Kenton. Mine’s a G&T dahling xx

Jacqueline BerthoJacqueline Bertho
    Participant

Large white, in a tea cup, I’m a politician so need to be seen doing the right thing, whilst doing the wrong…..and I am already in a battle with the local journalists without adding another string to their bows….

Local police background info might help Helen. Burnsy ( and more importantly Fallon) know the real Hellen. But sympathy will, initially be for the ‘injured’ party. Please help Pat see the truth……don’t count on St Shula for anything. But her paramour Doccy Loccy might have some evidence tucked away about an event in Titchyknob’s previous life…..

Alison JohnsonAlison Johnson
    Participant

Ooh yeah, I forgot that Doc Lock remembered Tichynob from somewhere, thanks for that Mme. Bertho, I an now walk the dogs and plot and ponder…and get back in time for the next gripping episode of Hell’in the Kitchen

WitherspoonWitherspoon

Will St. Shula step forward and admit that she twisted the truth when describing what she saw during the hunt? (remember that one?): That in reality, Rob initiated the attack on the “sab” (I mean, the nice photographer man).

I’ll have a Talisker on the rocks, please!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by WitherspoonWitherspoon.
    IzzyIzzy
    Participant

I had to have a bottle of cider after Monday’s episode. Can’t imagine what is going through Helen’s head right now. Anyway, since Rob isn’t dead, I think this is the best way for everyone to see who Rob is than Helen just leaving. Pat and Tony believed Kirsty and Tom right away. They know Helen’s not violent.

Also – Kirsty and Tom! Them talking was a teeny bit of relief from the stress tonight.

Claire AstburyClaire Astbury
    Participant

I’ve been using constructive physical chores to deal with the stress. Sunday night I ironed for an hour until I felt less shaky. Monday night I took the electric sander to an old desk we are “upcycling” (Call me Fallon!) Tuesday less stressful, but I did have the mop and bucket on standby 🙂 Suspect a glass of wine would just leave me stressed and woozy, not necessarily calmer.

Still worth a try though 🙂

EmilyEmily
    Participant

Right – Apologies for temporary closure of the bar, but We’ve had nothing but pesky journos around here trying to get a quote for there stories. (also the flu, but I’m all scrubbed up and no microbes about *dirty glance at Clarrie Grundy*)

Y’know I even think I saw Huw Edwards in here trying to get his hands on a pint of Brains (any Welshies around for that one?)

So tonight’s happy hour 2 for 1 special is, appropriately, The Journalist

2 shots gin
    1/2 shot sweet vermouth
    1/2 shot dry vermouth
    1/4 shot fresh lemon juice
    Dash of Angostura Bitters
    1 lemon twist
    1/4 shot Cointreau or other triple sec

– shaken with ice.

I couldn’t believe Helen’s depiction in the news. How does Rob get all the glory after living there for 2 years when Helen’s lived there her whole life? My Money is on Susan blabbing to anyone who asked her. I’m thinking of barring her.

And have you heard – price of Borchester blue is skyrocketing – I’ve got some in the back if you’re interested in a bit.

Sarah PassinghamSarah Passingham
    Participant

I can see this turning into a bit of a Seventies Wine & Cheese do. Don’t forget those foil covered grapefruit hedgehogs kebabed with pineapple, cheese and cherry chunks. Yuk!

Personally, I’m holding out for the bubbly when appropriate. And, my prediction is that after many weeks of things being undecided one way or the other, Bruce and/or Rob will start haranguing Ursula to bend the truth about what went on in Blossom Hill Cottage when she was staying and suddenly, as a victim of bullying herself, she’ll see the light. She’ll admit to the plan of Henry’s banishment to boarding school, she may admit to being complicit in the ‘drive Helen mad’ campaign with the Toad in the Hole and the (totally unforgivable) scalding of Henry, and she’ll become the witness for the defence. In so doing, she’ll empower herself and leave Bruce. Which is what she’s wanted for years. She and Helen will, eventually, provide mutual support.

Cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.