The Cabal of Ambridge and other misgivings

Home Forums DumTeeDum The Cabal of Ambridge and other misgivings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie PowerStephanie Power
    Participant

Could anyone tell me exactly what this land development deal with Brian and Justin and BL is about? Caught up with the archers and dumteedum all in one go yesterday and kind of in the dark as to what the hell it entails but that is no different to all the agriculture malarkey that occurs on a daily basis.

Finding Brian a bit hard to stomach with him being so awful to adam-he claims it is all about leaving a legacy but think he is protesting too much.

Also in a turn of events for the ages, really loved Kate-she really couldn’t believe they were asking her opinion and valuing it. She is so used to having to fight for attention and acting out for it that I found it lovely how surprised about it and admitting she had no idea. Meanwhile Alice made me roll my eyes- the writers have really made her irritating to me.

But Brian even selling it to kate and coming up with ideas for improvements for her business that she could do if the deal went through was a bit suspect to me -he was so insistent and enthused that I think there may be something wrong with the deal aka the route B debacle. He usually is so dismissive of her in general and with that in stark contrast to how he treated Adam in the past week. Is he playing favourites or what? That together with Justin insinuating to rob that there may be dirty work in his future that had to happen “for the greater good” in other words makes me think that there may be huge things happening soon. What that may detail is beyond me but I think the majority of people in Ambridge will be against it.

But then again that doesn’t tie in to the personal timeline that most listeners have in their heads where rob does something ghastly at christmas (Helen saying that it would be a christmas to remember) such as a kidnapping, being caught at the airport and heading to prison and helen and giddy-jack and henry around a christmas tree singing at last triumphant! But that is the happiest outcome I can think of (well as much as a child kidnapping ever is (!)) so I think it won’t happen as it ties up to many bows (leaving out stefan and assorted culverts).

Just shivered as maybe rob now will be around like a rotten smell for years to come….I think he will be like a mob enforcer for Justin in future. Agree with roifield that Justin is like the star wars analogy where he can offload all the dirt and bad reputation onto rob who is so grateful to have a wage and is indifferent to all opinions as a narcissist can be.

Hope I am wrong as wrong can be! The best thing I can think of that would get rid of rob forever would be stefan being found dead and culverts are investigated and rob being carted off to jail with clear evidence…But it feels like the writers with the last week have started another cycle with rob being a cog in the machine so left with a bitter taste in my mouth…

Posted a month ago in this forum on how Justin was the worst(didn’t know how right I was). Yet I didn’t introduce myself-name is Stephanie and I am an Irish student who loves listening to audio dramas. Started listening around the flood so in short have never had the archers without rob being terrible. Still remember listening to this impenetrable morass of voices that sounded similar to me (at times still have this issue) and getting hooked into the bigger drama of the flood. Also remember rob and helen having loads of boring convos until it crept up at me like cold porridge being dumped down my back or that scene in father ted when dougal sits up in bed after his day as a substitute milkman when he shouts “THAT WOMAN WAS IN THE NIP!”-which he hadn’t copped on to at the time. It was exactly like that for me where a lightbulb turned on and it was obvious what all the scenes concentrated on this couple really concerned!

Rob has provided a lot of drama but I want to know an archers without him. It is not as bad as before the stabbing but he just such a debbie downer…That whole scene with jack and Tony where the child was wailing for the whole hour and he manipulated Tony to open the cafe for him…If I was Tony I would be having problems with high blood pressure and I am not an elderly man. Such an awful scene! And now with Justin proving himself as a royal ass-could the two of them just be put in a rocket and propelled into space?! Just about convinced they are behind every bad thing occurring in the archers at the moment. Brian and Toby can stay if we must have morons in the archers but evil idiots are another thing. We have too many of those kind in reality thank you very much!

Phew sorry for the rant-have a lot of feelings!

Ms BubblesMs Bubbles
    Participant

It seems that, in The Archers, the words “legacy” or “secure the future” are actually euphemisms for greed. Brine is doing exactly what he wants to do and looking for ways to justify it, which is pretty much what we all do most of the time.

Alice is indeed irritating. I can accept she is has a good knowledge of aeronautical engineering. That is what her quals are in. But how exactly does that transfer to farm machinery. Not that it can’t be done with time and a bit of extra training, I imagine a lot of engineering is fairly similar but she has only been working for 2 years and now she is also an expert on agriculture in general?

Stephanie PowerStephanie Power
    Participant

Agree with your assessment-I know everyone does serve themselves ultimately but just find Brian so irritating right now. After being such a git to Adam who had warned them that there would be no miracles in the business-now he just wants to abandon a years full work at the first sign of things not going his way? If I was an investor in the whole enterprise I would be pissed- a full year of being sold on this and then suddenly a full swerve backwards?? Just seems like a waste of time and effort. I understand why adam seemed heartbroken and pip was stunned. I was sick of hearing about herbal lays(still have no idea what they are)that is all people talked about for YEARS and all of that was for naught? I can only imagine if I had worked for months on something and then brian says it is a no go and that is the final word. And then suddenly he has a grand plan after years of just being a country squire -now he gets to be the boss who pulls out the plan for major profit and Adam should just shut up! So infuriating.

Yeah they are just making Alice as big a cheerleader for making farming a matter of industrialisation and machinery with no idea as to how farms work or practical experience. She just seems so smug with her marriage and career and above the little people as Brian.Profoundly irritating and not in a fun or comic way like kate (which I often compare her to).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.