The Farirbrothers: Enough is too much.

Home Forums DumTeeDum The Farirbrothers: Enough is too much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EmilyEmily
    Participant

Jumping on the “enough is enough” bandwagon here – but let’s get existential for a minute…

What exactly is the point of the Fairbrothers?

Aside from the fact that, after however long, I still can’t tell them apart, I don’t know what their function is in Ambridge apart from Arch-poultry business poachers. What about their creepy ‘sons of that character with whom someone had an affair’ thing? What point exactly does that serve in any script from the last year?

Second of all, why do they talk the way they do? Bro? Seriously? BRO? NO ONE SAYS BRO ANYMORE! It sounds so weird for 2 young guys to say it. It’s like they’ve been written by someone who thinks they understand what young people say but evidently doesn’t!

And if one or both of TRex (I’m not sure which is correct) could stop trying to literally Marry-The-Farm by pestering Pip in a way that gives me serious sexual harassment feelings, that would be fan-blooming-tastic. I forsee major groping hands in the passenger seat of that van with the bloody awful horn soon, and I’m not sure I can handle that alongside Rob & Helen’s log flume of absolute despair.

OK. Rant over I’m done.

Miss Mid-CityMiss Mid-City
    Participant

Brilliant – “log flume of absolute despair” – that made me laugh out loud!

Jim O'HaraJim O’Hara
    Participant

What was that wierd bit a few weeks back when one of them was trying to convince the other to go talk to Adam about share farming. All kinds of wierd noises like one of them was beating up on the other. WTF? Seems like everybody ignored it but something strange certainly happened.

Still, if it weren’t for the fair brothers, we would not have had my favourite moment of all time when Pip was walking up on Rex bathing in the pond and says “I just came….” I literally spit my coffee out through my nose!

Charlie CatCharlie Cat
    Participant

You are right, they are both awful and i don’t see the point of them when we have plenty of young make characters all ready that seem to have been forgotten about. I would quite like to push those two and Dan into a well.

I am also annoyed with the fact that they have been told the land they are renting is not a permanent thing and yet they are pissing about buying cows for reasons i cannot fathom. I don’t get it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.