The future of Geraldine

Home Forums DumTeeDum The future of Geraldine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike HattonMike Hatton
    Participant

Will Geraldine continue as a speaking character, either by her retracting her resignation from Lower Loxley or gaining employment elsewhere in the village, or was she introduced in order for the script writers to pile misery upon misery for Elizabeth?

Purple PumpkinPurple Pumpkin
    Participant

I was wondering exactly this: we had Geraldine as a silent for ages until Lizzie needed someone to blame for the failure of Lower Loxley. I did wonder whether this was a ruse to have Roy move back in (possibly in more ways than one, if Lexi continues so tepid), especially given how thick Elizabeth is laying on her outrage at Roy’s attempt to help. I could see some mutual shoulder-crying for Roy and Elizabeth, but maybe that would be too realistic for this current daft Pargetter storyline.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

Geraldine puzzles me – she underwent a personality transplant even before she found her voice. Bert was at pains to tell us she was cracking under the pressure then that she was oh-so efficient; at least he didn’t do it in an ode! I have no guess as to what the scriptwriters have in store for her now.

I would like to see Lexi get her job. Her talents suit it far more than the chicken factory. This would give Roy the chance to get involved at one remove and give Lizzie an alternative model of single parenthood.

WitherspoonWitherspoon

In reply to Mike-I think the latter. Good for someone in the village to stand up for themselves when someone else (especially an employer) has been rude to them.

I don’t think Geraldine had a personality transplant; Bert was just exaggerating how she was coping with the stress of the job.

If Lexi gets the job it will create an odd triangle between her, Elizabeth, and Roy.

marie ingerfatffriend
    Participant

‘An odd triangle’, what fun!

Oh to live in Ambridge where people think of things other than Brexit!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.