The Last Scene on Friday 12th February

Home Forums DumTeeDum The Last Scene on Friday 12th February

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Glyn FulleloveGlyn Fullelove
    Participant

Possibly the most sinister thing I have ever heard on the radio, let alone The Archers. It did make me wonder whether this storyline is about to turn even darker, with Rob abusing Henry sexually. Whilst I would not say The Archers should not do such a storyline, I think it would affect “the listener relationship” at least for the duration of the story; I would find it hard to see the fun and laughter in other stories whilst that was running as a theme, the shadow would just be so great. I suspect Rob is actually playing “mind games” with Henry, which is bad enough; I hope it doesn’t tip over into something worse.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

No I think your fears are unfounded in that direction. Rob’s certainly lining Henry up so he can control him as he’s doing with his mother but it’s psychological control not physical abuse – although I wouldn’t rule out rob bashing Henry.

Now Kirsty’s on to it lets hope that Rob’s comeuppance is seriously close at hand.

If if there are BAFTA type awards for the radio then Tim Watson should get one. Utterly utterly chilling. ?

Alison JohnsonAlison Johnson
    Participant

Enough

Alison JohnsonAlison Johnson
    Participant

Crikey, did not think sexual abuse…I figured physical.
    So new plot prediction, Ursula to the rescue? Think about it, she was probably a victim of spousal abuse and maybe, hopefully she will be right there and will save Helen and Henry from the abuse she knows only too well.

Aunty JeanAunty Jean
    Participant

So far Ursula’s come across as very strange – like her son- but you’re right Alison maybe she’ll better he one to see it for what it is.

Participant

Having come across as a bit strange and not very enamoured of Helen, last night she seemed quite normal and friendly. I wonder if Helen will mention the incident when Pat and Tony came to meet them for dinner, and they didn’t turn up?

Participant

So, “new Ursusla” continues – and Helen & Pat have noticed a difference? Something odd, going on, I think. Or perhaps Rob will send his mother away and then tell Helen it is her fault, Ursula “didn’t like her” for some reason

Doug FauntDoug Faunt
    Participant

Kirsty’s reaction mirrored mine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.